Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... my latest prop is a pvc hangman, but everything looks so flat and odd. So does anyone have any tips or ideas on how i could plump this guy up.

Any help is appreciated

Thankyou :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used 'pool noodles' on my PVC props. They were about the right diameter for the arms. To fill out the torso, I stuffed a plastic shopping bag with newspaper and then taped that to the chest. I used the bag so the stuffing wouldn't fall out and I wouldn't have to use so much tape. Hope it helps some!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,520 Posts
Yup. Pool noodles work well. Cut them to size for the shoulders, arms and even legs if you want. The plastic grocery bags are neat. As mentioned, stuff them as desired with newspapers and use the bag handles to hang over the neck piece. I put one in front and back for a bit of symmetry.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Pool noodles are a simple and inexpensive solution for arms and shoulders but they do not provide enough bulk for the torso and legs. IMO foam and duct tape works best, but for beginners it can be a little tricky if you are not patient. Half of the props I have built use this technique (see my profile for pics).

Foam. I usually have some of this laying around at all times. You can custom order this product and is inexpensive to boot. I usually order this in 18"w x 96"L x 1" or 2" thickness and runs about $20. Scroll down the page and enter your dimensions in and it will spit out a price. I order the cheapest.
http://www.foamforyou.com/CustomCutFoam.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for all the help .... i decided to go with the shopping bag idea i also taped foam to the arms to just add a little more thickness. It looks much better now and thanks once again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts