Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I am feeling cursed. I bought a witch from eBay that had no instructions but got help from forum member who assisted me. Unfortunately it was broken, but I am finally getting that resolved.

I just received another one today from a different seller and again no instructions on how to put together. This one is much simpler and I have some almost like the set up. There is the plastic bottom with the base that has the sort of spokes parts slid in so it will stand. Then metal pole inserts in the stand and there are two more pole to add and then the witch is to be inserted into one of the poles. She has a pole coming out of the body. Simple, but all the poles are the same size on each end?????? What the heck????

I can't believe this is happening. Any ideas of what I can do to rig something to make this work. I love her. I really don't want to send her back and I HATE TO COMPLAIN!!!!

I am thinking that I have some prop like this that has a sort of plastic tube that connects the pipes. Does that make sense? If so is there a chance of me finding something like this that will fit?

Please offer some ideas. Thanks in advance.

I have a third witch coming next week (bought from a store in NY). I swear if there is something wrong with her, I will put a curse on all the sellers!!!!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
This prop sounds similar to what you are talking about. If you closely at her neck, you can see the bungee that holds her to the chair....so that is one idea, bungee to something else. Another idea would be to make a PVC frame like the one below, as this will help flair out the dress.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You could replace with a pvc pipe. Take the pipe sections to Home Depot/lowes and see if you can find a pvc of similar width. You can cut the PVC to match the length of the 3 rods. Another option is to ditch the plastic base and pipe and build a plywood base, attach a iron floor threaded pipe flange and purchase a threaded iron pipe (they come in different lengths and widths) and connect the iron pipe to the floor flange. It screws into the base and is much sturdier than the plastic bases that come with many of these props. You can also get all of this from Home Depot/Lowes. I have replaced a couple of the plastic bases from GrandinRoad figures and it works pretty well. Hope this helps.

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Like foolishmortal42 said, your best bet is replacing the missing pipes with PVC pipes. i don't know how experienced you are with PVC, but it's cheap, durable and easy to cut with a saw, and PVC pipe i guarentee will be way more durable than the cheesy plast stand junk companies send out. Good luck I hope the next witch comes with all the correct parts.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,573 Posts
Sounds like she's missing that plastic connector that should be between each section. I like the other's suggestions of PVC. But do check first to make sure you've got all the right pipes in the right place. When I took stuff down last year I piled all the pipes & connectors in a pile & when time came to put them all away & to get rid of a few I spent about a half hour fitting everything back together & realizing I wasn't missing anything, I'd just put them together wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts