Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be a repeat, but I don't know where my previous post went.

im a idiot when it comes to computers.

I recently purchased a windowsfx digital decorating projector (work great). I purchased a single scene digital download of the witching our and placed it on a USB stick (mp4). when I place the stick in the USB drive of the windowsfx projector, it reads "no device". However, the sd card that came with the projects works fine.

Can the windowsfx projector support the mp4 file? do I need to place the file on an sd card. not sure what to do.

thanks for you time,

mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have to hit one of the buttons on the projector not sure which one but click it twice and the usb/sd option will come upthen click on USB
and ok and it will work. I know as this happened to me and finally figured it out after clicking a few buttons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response Ginger. I have no problem toggling between sd and usb, but nothing happens when I try usc as it displays "no device". im going by memory and will try again tonite.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Bam Bam - I was reading another thread here...
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/142072-atmosfearxs-windowsfx-all-one-projector-3.html
post 36 sounds like someone who is having the same problem.

It could be an issue with your folder structure on your card. Might be that the video needs to be in a folder with a certain name (or maybe it can't be in a folder and you have it in one). I know I've had similar problems with using USB stick or burned CDs in DVD players. So that might be one thing to check...compare the folder structure of the supplied SD and make sure yours matches.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need to convert the MP4 file to AVI ;)

go here http://www.files-conversion.com/ and "select a file" ... Choose "Very High" ... "Convert into" (AVI format (.avi) ) ... "Size" (Same Size) ... "Convert" ... Wait for it to finish converting ... RIGHT CLICK "Get Your Converted File" and "Save As" (if you left click it will open a new webpage and play in browser...you want to save it) ... JOB DONE :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gobby. I'll have a friend do that for me. Would it make a difference if I had QuickBooks file on the flash stick already?

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Thanks Gobby. I'll have a friend do that for me. Would it make a difference if I had QuickBooks file on the flash stick already?
I could definitely see that causing a problem, but I'm no expert. I'd try whatever is easiest to remedy first and then if that doesn't work, try the other option. (Although ghost2015 seems to know what he's talking about so maybe give that a shot first.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts