Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two Walgreen Skeletons and need help figuring out how to make them stand, etc. I'm hoping someone can help me, please! My only idea for doing this is to paint some rebar or pvc pipe black so it doesn't show and attach them with wire or zipties.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used a Forstner bit and made a 7/8" inch hole in the bottom of the spine. I then slid them over 1/2" PVC into the spine. That's it! You can then use rebar or your choice to support the PVC. I'm using a wooden frame for the base as I'm supporting four of these guys carrying a coffin.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Open your Yellow Pages (or use the internet) and locate a company near you that sells plastics. Tell them you're looking for 1/2" clear acrylic rods, three or four feet long. There's a couple of these retailers in just about every city or town.

Get some plywood and cut it into 18" squares, one for each Wally. Drill a 1/2" hole in the center, and push the end of one of the acryllic rods into it. If it fits tight, great. If not, get yourself some JB Weld and use that to cement the rod to the plywood.

Use wire ties to tie the Wally's spine to the rod and you're ready to go. The clear rod is about invisible and a lot better than PVC or rebar. If you do have to use rebar, go with 3/8" inch as that's big enough to support a Wally's weight and narrow enough to make it harder to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts