Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all!
I am in need of your collective expertise. I have a 10 x 20 carport that I want to close off for a laser vortex. Guests will need to walk through the carport/vortex to get to the bonfire. I purchased the vortex a few years back and this is my first time using it. Have AAA penlight laser and from the posts here (batteries running out), looks like my hubby will need to modify this to a larger battery pack for me. I am unsure of the placement and fog machines to use. Is fog machine in back of vortex, in front pointing at the vortex, or off to the side? Does it even matter? What size fog machine would I want to use for the area for best result? Is too much fog a bad thing, as I don't want to "drown out" the laser effect? Thanks for any info. Ronnie

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have found a slight angle from front works best for mine.
Also I stopped using batteries when I found the red green stage lasers on ebay. They are about $15 and all you do it unscrew them, unplug the red laser, unplug the motor, then simply remove the 2 small plastic squares that filter the laser.

I have a video that shows what I did with mine and the position as well.
Here is the video

Also, This thread shows the process I did on the old style ones last year. This year the new design is a little smaller and easier to work on.
See the following thread for more details.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/139066-green-laser-vortex-fog-machine-no-batteries-needed-photos-included.html

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the post! I don't have time to get the stage lasers ordered before our event so I will have to cross my fingers that the pen light lasers hold out. Will make bigger and better for next year. Got any good audio soundtracks that I can use as people walk through this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
The type of fog is more important than the machine. With a closed off carport, just fill it with moderate fog - enough to show the vortex but don't oversaturate it. And go with a quick disperse fog like Techno Fog, not the heavy stuff.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
Also it is a good idea to turn the laser vortex off occasionally, the lasers are not designed to run continuously. We bought ours form Slaughterhouse FX, they recommend they run for 10-15 min and go off for a couple of min.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts