Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have been following this forum for a while now and you all are just so damn creative I am turning to you for some help. A friend and I are having a Halloween party and decorating her whole house, but the basement is stumping us. We want to do like a horror scene in the workshop with saws and stuff but not quite sure how to set it up. We have access to many types of tools and a table, but beyond that our minds just won't be creative. Also, there is a small crawl space that we want to set up something too. I want to do something creepy with a small television we found in the basement, just have it with static, but not sure what else we should add to that space either?!
I will post some photos of the stuff we have set up in other spaces in the house later today.

Thanks so much in advance for your help and suggestions.
-megs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys I am going to BUMP this as I really need some help!
Also, I am including some photos of our Evil Apothecary that we created last night!
ENJOY!
-megs

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey Megs,

Been thinking about this one! You could set up the basement as a Mad-mans Workshop. Make (or purchase) fake arms, legs, hands, etc and bloody up the machinery that's in the basement. You could put the television on a cart in a corner of the room facing inwards. From there, put a chair facing it. Depending on what you want, you could invite guests to sit and stare at the television to get creeped out (could try to find some white-noise video footage to play, so they do see something occasionally!) or put a prop person there, missing limbs - which now lay in the workshop :).

Crawl space would work great with a grave-grabber. As someone walks by, they trigger the grave-grabber. I've built one of these, and they really scare everyone! Instructions: Build your own Grave Grabber

Hope this helps you :)

And don't forget fake blood and spider webs everywhere!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your Evil Apothocary looks great!

I would put a back drop of bloody sheets hanging from the ceiling and put butcher paper on the table covered in blood in front of the sheets. Make it look like someone has been dismembered on the table. Leave the chain saw and some tools on the table in puddles of blood.

As for the small space. I would make some sort of gate that would close it off to make it look like a cell. then I would put some chains and cuffs in there that look like they are bolted to the floor. You could make a victim out of old clothes and an old wig, or leave the chains empty ready for another victim.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMP... Still stuck on what to do in the workshop...i dont want it just to look like i just put limbs on a table, i want it to tell a story...anyone? help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts