Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have decided to be a glamour ghoul.....a dead Diva if you will....for our Halloween party. I found a great old wedding dress that I dyed gunmetal grey. I need some advice on how to do my makeup. If it helps to see the dress you can view it on my profile page under projects. I want to look dead but glamourous:rolleyes: I dont want anything heavy. More of an ashy look I think with touches of glitter here and there and maybe some great liptick.:p Im not sure exactly what to do so I am looking for advice. I know I dont want heavy grease paint more ashy. Can anyone out there help pleeeeeeeeeeease. Or if you have another idea please feel free. I will be sporting a tiar:D and lots of jewels if that helps! Thanks guys.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really any advice. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
As you're wanting to avoid the greasepaints and cream makeups...perhaps you can make use with some regular cosmetics, just using them a bit out of the norm.

A thought that comes to mind (and let me know if this won't work), is using eye-shadow on your skin to achieve the all over, deadened look.
Perhaps layering a little silver, with a dusting of blue...or some other colors (do they make a dark gray or medium gray eye-shadow?).

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
I think Joe's onto something with that eyeshadow idea, Spooky Mama! You could use a blush brush to apply it all over....AND, for the foundation underneath, you could get some face powder that's not compressed. Like the way the bronzing powder comes?

They do make those shades of eyeshadow, Joe...of course you'd have to go pretty light on the application, Mama...and you need to smear a slight bit of black eyeliner under your eyes...oh and you need to do a darker grey under your cheek bones than the rest of your face to do a 'sunken-in' look....I can't wait to see your pictures! What lipstick are you thinking about? You want a lasting color formula, hmmmm...I'm thinking a real dark, blood red shade would be cool........

·
Grave Rigger
982 Posts
I'm with Laurie on the powder. Can you still get talc powder anymore.:confused: You have to lose the Florida tan for the night! Powder your face, heavy black eyeshadow over and under your eyes, and either silver, black or light blue lip stick. You have to look like you have no color at all.

...and yes...post pics:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Spooki, using everyday make-up has always been my favorite. Last year I bought a pale foundation called Cinema Secrets, and I liked it alot. Then used my gunmetal gray and black eyeshadow to hollow out my cheek bones, under my eyes, and such, using my blush brush. I can apply that gradually til I have the level of 'dead' I'm looking for and it stays put. I've used my red lip liner on my lower lashes (never bothered my eyes, but I don't know if it's recommended). Hope that helps, and I look forward to seeing a picture of ya!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are the best I will definately try those ideas this weekend. If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to express.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
My opinion on your makeup for a dead look is a color called Blithe Spirit by Ben Nye as a foundation and set with neutral powder. I've been using it for years. I also use black eyeshadow as blush under the cheekbones to give you more of a hollowed out look. As for the eyes, go to town on those. I'm not sure how glamour and how ghoul you want to be... IMHO. Well, knowing you - more glamour... I mean fabulous is your middle name. xoxo

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! Does anyone know where I can find Bill Nye makeup? Im going to try all your suggestions this weekend. Wish me luck. I want to look dead but fabulous:D:rolleyes: (Of course Pan knew that:p) Thanks again for all your help.

Now to get my hands on a Tiara:rolleyes:

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
I saw the Bill Nye at a local costume shop, one that rents all year around, so see if there is something like it in you area. , I also read a thread some where about makeup, and it said to take the grease paint type make up, white for instance and either mix it with regular foundation, or with a lotion to thin it out. I know you are younger than me, but last year I tried the powder eye shadow idea, and it sat in every crease and made it look terrible, and not in a cool way! I wanted a washed out look, and used a white on most of my face with the grey shading, but ended it washing the white off, and just used the grey.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also, darken your eyes. Where "circles" would be under the eyes, darken those up with dark eye-shadow. Also, try this out....either use DARK eyeliner or NONE at all. I would think one of those would look good.

Make your hair look stringy. Fingernail polish half worn-off.

For your cheek bones, darken them too. Try and create a shadowed look to make your face look skinnier/sickly.

Hope these help! :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Last year, I bought a regular base, in the lightest shade that I could find, then I used a white press power that I had found at Hottopic, all over my face.

Another tip, feel around your face for your bone structure. Anywhere you feel bones, keep white and the 'squishy' areas (real technical wording choice) shade gray, like in between your cheek bones and your jaw, etc.

Also, eyeliner, works really well as a lipstick. Stays on better than regular lipstick. I used purple last year and it looked really good. But, like lipstick, it will come off when you eat/drink something =(

Hope that helps! Good luck! Post pictures of your trial runs! I'll be doing the same this weekend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts