Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pose N Stay skeleton from Costco. The arms move forward and back, but I would like to modify them so they can move to the side as well (full movement of the shoulder joint). Has anyone done this? How did you do it? Thank you!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm looking at one right now, I don't think you could do that very easily, plus i'm pretty sure you'd lose the "pose" part of that shoulder. But ya never know, there are waaay smarter people on here than me, lol

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
If he is going to be corpsed, you might try taking the arms off and removing the piece that attaches to the shoulder socket (the piece that is holding the arm in place). You could then position the arms at the angle you want and drill new holes in the arm socket that will line up with the hole in the shoulder socket. I would then use a wooden dowel that goes inside the chest cavity and extends all the way across from one arm to the other. The ends of the dowel will be inserted into both arms holding them in place. When you corpse him (or her) the wooden dowel will be hidden behind the corpsing. Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I will try to draw something.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need the shoulder joint to be loose so the arm can swing forward, backward, & sideways. The forward & backward is easy - it's the sideways that we can't figure out. We are going to try to build the organ player by Mark Goodson (Halloween Nut on EBay). His incredible creation can be seen at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiimQNGnNBY

I tried contacting him through a couple forums, but haven't been successful. His work is incredible!!!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ooooh that's not a pose n stay that's the cheaper walgreens or spirits skelly, those arms move a lot more than a pose n stay, find one of those instead:)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ooooh that's not a pose n stay that's the cheaper walgreens or spirits skelly, those arms move a lot more than a pose n stay, find one of those instead:)

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Spooky Dave is correct. It looks like a Walgreens skeleton. It also looks like he modified the arm at the same spot. I had a couple of these skeletons and they lasted about a year before they started coming apart. The good news is that they are easier to modify based upon what you are looking to do. The arm is held in by a single pin if I remember correctly, which gave it more movement in all directions.

Another solution would be to get a 4th quality Bucky. Going to cost a lot more and I would think it would be worth it for the project you are doing. This picture came from the Skeleton Store.

c-100001_1.jpg

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
I just watched the video again. Freeze it at 19 seconds and 24 seconds. At 19 seconds you can see (barely) that he made a "wish-bone" that is held in place on either side of the ball joint of the shoulder. You can see it again at 24 seconds. I believe you should be able to figure out how to do this on the pose-n-stay as well. You will just have to figure out how to attach it to the shoulder socket.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Or maybe 2 eye screws put together and bolted into the arm and shoulder socket somehow

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
When I made my Pumpkin King from a Pose N Stay skelly torso I replaced the arms with ones I custom built from pvc and attached loosely with just a couple of simple heavy-duty zip ties passed through holes in the arm, Then a second tie through the first, threaded back into the shoulder hole from the original arm attachment, then passed through a big metal washer that was too large to come out of the shoulder hole. Allows a full range of poseability, but does not allow for locking in a pose (floppy attachment).

Pics to better show than I can explain...

·
Registered
880 Posts
When I corpsed my skelly, I added a wire to allow posing the arms as I wished.
The wire was made to hang things like drop ceilings, wire runs, etc. in the overhead.
It runs on the palm side of the bones from the left hand, up the back of the arm, across the shoulders, down the right arm, to the right palm.
Then the corpsing "skin" (plastic dropcloth) is applied over the skelly, with a little extra over the arms.
You may want to "tie" the wire to the shoulders with a couple tiny wires or strings to help hold it while you corpse.
I can bend the arms where I want them, and even hang something light weight on the hook bent into one end.
Hope this helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts