Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am STUCK on the entry for this sucker. Floor plan is below for a hospital themed haunted house. The "house" is a huge old metal barn structure. We built out the interior walls so they're changeable. Except for the morgue room, that can't be changed.

How it flows:
Folks enter through the right. Small room, about 10' wide by 6' deep. I don't know what to do with this space yet. I COULD knock down that small wall if needed but prefer not to (reasoning below). This is the space I need help with (? on the drawing).
Next room is the waiting room. Have a transforming nurse at the reception (young to old and bloody), flailing arm with a body squirting blood, and a parasite team. Reception desk and chairs, looks like a real room. I kind of want this room to not be the FIRST room people enter, to build up the excitement. Hence the smaller first room.
Folks then move on to the incinerator/medical waste room (fire screen with fake flames and a drop-down demon, metal wall panel moves for a leatherface-like character with a chainsaw comes out from behind and grabs one of the tour group kids (actually our actor), drags him back screaming to the bloody room and slams the door.
Patient room with corpse in a live bug box.
Operating room (OR) with a pop up demon coming out of the body on the table shooting blood, dead doctors on the ground, tons of blood bags hanging.
Thread hall - pitch black with black threads hanging down as ticklers.
Lab - one side, hanging dripping corpses, other side has a living heart on a table and shelves with disgusting things (human heads) in jars.
Morgue - final room, walls built out with drawers (we're planning multiple TCTs in succession so the drawer doors start to rattle like crazy), dragging bloody half-skeletons, and ends with the chainsaw guy coming through the door to chase people out.

So I need to start with something small and devious to set the mood. Not much room for props, but maybe decor would be enough? Thoughts?

Stacy

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
I went to a haunt that was somewhat like what you are describing but it was a psychiatric hospital. Their first room was a check-in lobby. I would move your reception desk to the first room and have someone behind the desk asking who you are visiting. While they try to figure out what to tell you, you can hit them with a distraction scare. Or, you can do what the haunt I visited did, they handed you a flashlight (no scare here).

The rest of your layout sounds terrific.

·
Registered
725 Posts
How about an ambulance crashing through the wall? I would build a fake wall the left of the door, something with a little dimension. Could also put it to the right of the door (SE corner). Then I think you really only need for it come out of the wall a foot or so. So you would need the bumper, grill, lights and windshield. Could be junkyard parts, could be wood based if you painted it think enough. You could stick some dead body behind the windshield (the driver). Then to really add to it, make the lights flashing or put some sort of flashing light on top. Make it look like it just happened.

Anyhow, I hope that is not to ambitious. Heck, if you wanted to get real ambitious, you could go find yourself an old ambulance and crash it through the wall yourself. That would give you a prop that works on the inside and the outside.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The first room could simply be an over flow of the waiting room with flickering overhead lighting. A number of fake people sitting in chairs waiting their turn, staring at a static screen tv. Two real people waiting are mental patients (actors) sitting in the chairs. A nurse with a clipboard greets patrons welcoming them in & apologizing for long wait. And could you please goto the information / reception desk. As patrons begin to walk through the area... the two actors wander up to people moan & groan, then go sit back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts