Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come to the hive mind with a personal dilemma. A seeking of help.
I have been thinking a long time on what kind of costume I can wear to my workplace this year and I keep coming back to a zombie but I'm not super hyped about that idea.

Anything I dress as has to fit into the dress code (I work in a factory):
Jeans or equivalent material that is tough to cut must fully cover legs. No skirts. No skorts.
Shirt can not have less sleeve than a muscle shirt and arm hole can not hang more than 1/2 in below armpit. I usually wear t-shirts to work.
Hair must be worn up if long (mine is)
Steel toe foot wear.
Clothing cannot have any holes bigger than a quarter and cannot be extremely loose

I must wear protective glasses, gloves, and sleeves as well.

I can go in wearing loose items as long as they can be removed before I start working the line so I could wear a long wig and remove it. I can wear an small loose item that stays behind me (someone wore a mini batman cape last year).

I've considered cheesy things like putting magnets on my butt and stomach for "Buns of steel and Abs of steel" but the idea of a zombie hypes me more than something of that ilk.
Ideas?
TIA

·
Registered
99 Posts
Perhaps you could be a zombie killer instead? Typical outfit but splattered with blood and fake bits..you know, brain matter, skin...didn't Michone have a necklace of body parts in TWD?

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,235 Posts
can you have things attached to your clothing as long as it isn't loose? i'd assume that machinery hazards would be the reason for the "no loose items" rule, correct?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,695 Posts
Would be helpful to get a better idea of YOUR likes/interests. ;)

A few random ideas:

Ghost factory worker. Easy. Regular gear, spray-painted gray/white (I'd do dark grays, then hit it in areas where it would be wrinkled/rubbed with lighter grays, and then highlighted areas with a light misting of white. Makeup, white face with tinges of blues and purples simulating sunken cheeks/eyes. White hair (temporary/wig) or bundle it up under a hat.

Miner from the movie "My Bloody Valentine" all you'd need is dark jeans/long sleeved top, hard hat and gas mask with the pickaxe, and could store the gas mask/pickaxe when actually working.

Anything uniform: police, army, prisoner (orange jumpsuit).

Jockey. Sew/make a colorful long-sleeved top. Find a riding helmet (can pick them up on craigslist or sometimes find them at thrift stores). Tight white or tan jeans. Pick up a stick horse, or get a stuffed horse as a prop (and obviously store it while actually working). Bonus points if you have calf height boots, but likely could find something (maybe not steel-toed) at the thrift stores.

If you're a gamer, there are tons of great costumes from games like Fortnite, Borderlands, etc...

Cowgirl (I think you're a female?). Jeans, long sleeved western shirt, boots, cowboy hat (stored when not on the line/hair up in banandana?) Would be funny to have a stick horse also as a prop if you have a locker or something...

Clown. Go to goodwill and get some cheap for sturdy jeans (i'd try for white so the paint shows up well) and crazy colored top that fits your workplace needs. Get some cheap acrylic paint and paint jeans with dots/stars/ random splats of bright colors. Shirt too if you can't find a LOUDLY colored one that will work. Minimal face paint, colorful but SHORT wig (could be removable for actual work), or put up hair using a colorful/loud bandana/scarf, properly secured.

Google "simple clown makeup" for more ideas, but this is kind of what I mean:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Mad Scientist! That way, the safety glasses will fit right in. You could get a lab coat and hairspray some of your (colored?) hair into a crazy stand-up do. A little blood spatter from an experiment gone awry and you're all set. Since it's OK to have something on your back, maybe open the back of the lab coat between your shoulder blades to reveal another head, face, arm, or alien... or easiest of all just icky ooze made out of Great Stuff- painted green or purple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you have things attached to your clothing as long as it isn't loose? i'd assume that machinery hazards would be the reason for the "no loose items" rule, correct?
My job is more assembling things at a quick pace, items are moved by a table that has rollers that only roll when items mover over them, and I deal with steel parts so it's more a case of loose items getting hung up on the product that actual moving parts that can snag me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frankie's Girl

I do like video games but I tend more towards Assassin Creed, Tomb Raider, and survival games like 7 Days to Die. I'm an Old School RPGer. Most of the reading and movie favorites are ones that are not among the common stuff (Like Dresden Files, Black Lagoon (anime), Rachel Morgan series, horror comics).

But everything you've suggested is great!!

And another awesome idea from Boo!!

Thanks folks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mad Scientist! That way, the safety glasses will fit right in. You could get a lab coat and hairspray some of your (colored?) hair into a crazy stand-up do. A little blood spatter from an experiment gone awry and you're all set. Since it's OK to have something on your back, maybe open the back of the lab coat between your shoulder blades to reveal another head, face, arm, or alien... or easiest of all just icky ooze made out of Great Stuff- painted green or purple.
This is a great idea! Or if you want to go the zombie route, you can do a lot with dirty and bloody (but not torn) clothing and makeup. You could also pour up a puddle of liquid latex, let it dry then use more latex and cotton to build up wounds onto that skin. Cut some "rips" in your clothes and then glue the wound sheets in place on the inside so there is no loose fabric to get snagged on anything. Technically there are no open holes, just simulated ones.

For the makeup either a prosthetic or just theatrical highlight and shadow would work, so long as your field of vision isn't impaired I'd imagine you're good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can go as Jason voorhees, he wears work clothes. You can see out of the masks eyeholes. Instead of tying up your hair you can wear a latex hood underneath the hockey mask.

It would be pretty cheap too
  • hockey mask $3 ebay from china
  • green long sleeve workshirt
  • grey workpants
  • steel toe boots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts