Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The night before Halloween, a fellow haunter's car was broken into and a mask stolen. He's had this mask for 10+ years, and built a whole character and persona around this thing, so it's not a simple matter of buying a new one. Chances of recovering are pretty much zero. We've become friends through working together, and I felt terrible that his has happened, so I thought I'd ask around here to see if there's any help to be had. Lots of eyeballs here, with lots of years of collective Halloween experience.

This is the only photo I have to go on. It's cropped from a grainy cell phone pic, taken by a customer outside at night.

bruno.jpg

So not a lot but it shows enough. Latex or rubber mask with lots of straight hair. Full head. "Scream" type face. Big open mouth, minimal nose, strong smile lines and eye bags. Face is a warmer off-white, hair is pale icy blue. It's a distinctive mask.

I believe this is the same one [EBAY LINK], but it's obviously had the hair cut off and possibly the eyes cut as well. Better pictures show some more of the face details at least. (NO, I don't think this is the stolen one.)

He said it was an inexpensive, big-box store (probably Walmart) purchase, maybe made by PMG (Paper Magic Group) (ebay listing above confirms, PMG 2003). That means that, at one point, there were a LOT of these out there. Unfortunately, PMG no longer does Halloween at all so they're useless (check their FB page, lots of Halloween questions they can't answer). 12 years passing has a way of disappearing things.

I'd really appreciate it if any of you could let me know if you've seen this mask somewhere, maybe you've got one you'd be willing to part with or know of an online shop that is hanging onto one after all this time.

ETA: here it is in the 2003 PMG catalog: [link]. I have seen a BUNCH of masks from this era still around for sale.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've re-attached the picture, but TheHalloweenGuru has it right. (It worked for me when I'd click on it, but I crashed my browser when making the original post so I think it was an error due to recovering the auto-saved information.)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, Ebay, sometimes it really does come to the rescue. Looks like I never posted an update, but I was able to find one of these masks on there last year. Paid too much for it, but it was worth the price to see my buddy's face after thinking it was gone forever.

It's funny how things come out of the woodwork, hanging around out there for so many years in somebody's storage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts