Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought from Juneau Studios? Web page says North Hollywood but there is no address. I have $3,000.00 into them and:mad: been strung on since May 2013. Not answering phones or email. Please help me out as their production is the center of my haunt and I'm running scared.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, but I found that address and looked it up. It belongs to the Cuevas Gutierrez residence. There are 4 other hispanic names listed as living there. This "business" at this address, Juneau Studios, is unaccredited by the BBB. I do have the Studio's phone (818) 207-0457, and it receives messages, but all my messages go unanswered. Darn, this guy talks up a good story, sounds very reputable, but is into some bad times. I am the recipient of his poor business managing skills. I will continue to hunt him down............CAN

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found him. Still no prop but we are working things out. Jay Juneau was up to his shirt tail in alligators, so back logged with orders. He finally called. Thanks for looking out for me. CAN

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got a call back, sounds like he just got caught with his proverbial pants down with overload orders......the bottom line is to see if he comes thru as promised or at least refunds you . Keep us posted, curious how this ends, hopefully good for your sake !

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm surprised. I dealt with Jay last year and he came through...he even offered to stop by my place and walk me through some pneumatics. I think I have a different phone number for him if things get weird again...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kngtmre, Jay Juneau has made a lot of promises. I am in contact with him but no tunnel yet. He now says he can come to our haunt and build it on site after October 7th. I know that's cutting it verrrrry close, but that sure beats shipping costs. Wish me luck. I do have his cell number and his business number and his email contact. Thanks, but I'm already weird; don't think anything can get more crazy around here.....:eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know how you feel...I had a similar problem with Corey from Minions last year. I preordered lights in March and kept getting the run around. When my lights finally arrived the week before Halloween(my display is up all if October), the were the wrong ones. He ended up getting me them 3 days prior. IT SUCKED...

...never again.

I just don't think vendors understand the damage they do...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kngtmre,
Just thought I would update you on my Juneau Studios caper. It did not go well. One week before production he emailed me (just stopped answering calls) saying he guessed the Spinning Tunnel was harder than he thought it was going to be. I was extremely upset and asked him why he was leaving us high and dry. The day before the haunt we received (2) AAA battery operated Spirit Laser Vortexes that went dead in one hour (he said he was sending electronic laser vortexes but only one arrived and it was the week after the haunt!). They were battery operated laser pens clamped on a board that reflected green light off a mirror that was refracted with a small flicker flame fan. We operated them with a stash of batteries and a Boy Scout assigned to keep resetting the vortex image, filling the fog machine and replacing pen light batteries. Heat and wind and the slightest bump took our vortex circle away. He also sent an Alien Escape, a giant prop made out of (2) 50 gal barrels. It arrived on the day of the haunt. Although it only weighed 75#, it was of such thin metal, we spend most of our time pounding out the dents so it resembled a barrel shape. Edges were so sharp we cut ourselves and wires sticking out were being crimped. The sound was also cross wired. I had to hire an electronics man because I had no time to work on this prop on that day. The CGI video was so dim and scratchy that viewers could barely see what the scene was about. The hissing sounds of the compressor air lines and the pounding of the can as it jumped on the concrete floor made the best impact even if you didn't know that there was an alien on the monitor.
Very disappointing since I had advertised for the Spinning Tunnel bridge and people came from distant towns to see our "Down the Rabbit Hole" skit. We made the best of it but the word got out that our tunnel was a bust and people just didn't attend it. We did have other attractions and great actors so people were delighted that the 16 other rooms were fun.
So......he spent our $3,000.00 down payment already and we have to get money back. From all the old correspondence I read, Jay Juneau drags his feet. Geeze, this makes a very sour taste in my mouth. I hope I don't have to approach the court action route because he is out of Lake Havasu City, AZ now and I'm in CA. This is definitely the most stress I have ever had with a haunted house; and it's not over!
Hope your Halloween was better than mine,
CAN

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. I know he has a residence in Granada Hills so I would assume if you wanted to go that route you wouldn't have to go out to AZ. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There was a post concerning a like situation with another customer and the story was then that burglars had stolen everything from his office, anyway I think it was this same person?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that was Jay Juneau. He had a burglary to his warehouse which put him behind in production. He wanted to make good with my order for a Spinning Tunnel and assured me he could. Then got ill, then could not find his welder, then could not complete the contract at the last minute. Lots of bad luck befell Jay Juneau. I was just the recipient at the other end. Never make a large deposit no matter what the vendor tells you. I wish well for Joe (Jay) Juneau; he just wasn't good to me.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Nancy,
I sorry to hear about JJ bad business. That's a lot of money to be investing in props when you don't know the guy. Sounds like a scam.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
hes still on facebook and sells on ebay this guy is a troll to top off. That's all he does im on haunt swap and haunters hangout I post items for sale he posted that he has the same prop im selling for way less. The prop he owns is not the same one im selling mines is different, he does this to different sellers as well!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This thread is very old but I wanted to put my two cents in. Joseph (Jay) Juneau is the most evil crook i have ever encountered. The minute I posted photos of my "Madam Belben" https://www.halloweenforum.com/media/albums/halloween-2010-in-july.3261/
prop he contacted me asking for a copy to "use in his home haunt". LONG STORY short, I'm an idiot, and the man is STILL trying to mass produce it and sell it with credit and no compensation to me. Despite all my efforts, I've never had any legal recourse. It's still on his websites today. He uses the video we made, and stole my photos. All I can do is warn anyone and everyone about what a terrible swindler this guys is. BEWARE and stay away.

·
Typing Away
3,493 Posts
It is sad to know that he has not change his way of business. I order $300 of stuff from him in the early 2000's and I would call to see where it was at and he tell me it was done he just needed to get boxes to ship it and I would have it next week. 15 plus years later and I am still waiting for him to get boxes and ship it. He is in one place a year or so and moves so people cannot get him. He was in Florida at the time I made my order. He is a BIG CROOK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts