Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about having my spider webs glow under a uv light, but i don't like the looks of the green glow in the dark webs. What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking of getting black light hair spray, or would soaking it in RIT work? I was thinking the second might ruin the strechability.

Thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
if I recall correctly, the way I did this several years ago using my web spinner from Terror By Design was to shoot the webs with the spinner then I used a spray bottle and misted the webs with RIT Whitener and Brightener, just have to be careful you dont spray all over the walls or whatever your webs are near.......

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,310 Posts
Spray bottle with fine misting capability and some diluted detergent (I get the dollar store Woolite knockoff). :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I made a large web in my spider room last year using builders twine (maybe not what it's called) from Home Depot. The yellow twine does not glow, but the pink does. Of course I did have to string each and every strand and tie it off at each and every strand...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips. I think i will try finding a spray bottle to do the RIT mist thing. I can't wait to see how that turns out. Does the RIT make it less stretchy? I put my cobwebs from the second story balcony down over the front porch to the yard and if i could not spray some of it before i stretch it down one level, that high section might be harder to get.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Does white webbing labeled as 'glow in the dark' not glow under a black light?
I bought some last year and it never glowed even tho it was in sunlight all day (I didn't try a black light but will get one if it would work.)

·
Never try to eat a zombie
778 Posts
they make different colored uv glow web sticks for the webcaster gun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts