Halloween Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the clock at the Goodwill Store( my fav place) for 10 bucks. I hooked up a little motor and 3 way switch to make the hands spin faster than normal. I drilled holes around the face originally for a back lighting effect but i am thinking that it would look cooler if i could make it bleed. here are pics...

Comcept image made in photoshop

close up of face

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah! but the weights and pendulum dont move and its not real wood its particle board with a vinyl veneer with wood grain printed on it

·
Banned
234 Posts
Hey for 10 bucks, its a great deal! I do have some questions, could you make it scream in "pain" while bleeding? Imagine walking down a darkened hallway, hearing a scream then seeing the clock start bleeding.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Is there a lot of space between the clock face and the glass in front of it? What I was thinking is a think plexy glass box, and then using a small water feature pump to just circulate the blood. Just what came to my mind.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I could put a 13 on there but I don't think it would look good if I tried. Btw if no has notices yet the four on the clock is written as iiii rather then the proper iv. Haha
@frankie's girl: I checked out the link and that's what I was thinkin of doing (I saw about a year ago with a different site) but I don't quite have all the space that the back of a tombstone provides to run hoses and such.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,453 Posts
What about just adding another "I" onto the number 12 to make it a thirteen?
Or do you think anyone would actually notice it?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one would notice and the " xii" is in a fairly tight circle so there isnt much room to add any characters to the face I don't plan on using in good light. Mostly dim and poor light so minor details like that become negligible

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there a lot of space between the clock face and the glass in front of it? What I was thinking is a think plexy glass box, and then using a small water feature pump to just circulate the blood. Just what came to my mind.
i was thinking along the same lines. you'd have to thin the blood out to make it pump though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
No matter how you actually do this, you gotta remember two things.

1 - You gotta be able to cycle back the blood.

2 - You gotta make everything water tight!

The bottom where the blood would pool up has to be your collection, and you have to feed that somehow back to your pump. Gravity is your friend. So, start by using some clear silicone sealant to make the bottom of that glass pocket watertight. Then, drill a drain hole and shove a vinyl tube at the bottom so the blood drains down and back behind the clock face.

Now with that gravity tube, you can locate your blood pump and collection container anywhere inside or behind the clock. Get strategic here. You gotta plan ahead for all this.

Now, from your pump, you'll have to build/buy/scavenge a manifold of some sort, to feed twelve separate little tubes up to the clock face. If you have access to a good drill press and a block of plastic, I'd drill one long hole down the length of the block, eleven holes along the sides striking into the first hole, and a BUNCH of small brass tubing fittings. The pump feeds this block, and the clock face's tubes plug into all the extra holes. You'll have to plan ahead according to vinyl tube sizes as well as brass fitting sizes, and drill holes accordingly.

You'll most likely be able to drill tiny holes in the clock face, from the front side. Make sure you clear the mechanics of the clock's hands. Then shove a needle/coathanger/dowel/toothpick/anything into the holes, slide the tubing over the anything, hold it tight to the back of the clock face, and glue them in place. I'd say to blob up some crazy glue, but silicone sealant might work here as well. Then pull out your anything and the hole should stay unplugged by whatever you used as glue.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've already got the holes drilled in the face (originally to light it up) my biggest concern was how to hook up 12 hoses to one hose. I already have a bilge pump that is plenty strong

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here's an idea for your hoses. Just a long length of small tubing, and a dozen brass T fittings that fit the tubing. You might need a few adaptors to size the small tubing to the pump's output tubing.

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
I wouldn't worry about getting blood from all 12 numbers, just the top three and at the most five number (10,11,12,1,2). Once the blood starts flowing from the top numbers it will cover up or blend in with any blood coming out of the lower numbers. Then you wont be able to tell blood is coming out from the bottom numbers.

For the pump I would use a wiper pump, its small, cheap, DC and will do the job. If you don't know what I'm talking about. It's the pump that pumps water on your windshield.

About the size of a roll of quarters and cheap at a junk yard. You should be able to get a DC power supply for 1 buck or less at the thrift to power the pump.

I used one with this prop and the little pump was strong enough to do two jobs. One to ooze up the blood into the open stomach.

And it also shot water up on the saw blade.

and one

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very true. Just do the top five numbers, they won't tell the difference.

Another idea, dunno how well this would help. If you RainX the face of the clock, so when the pump turns off and the blood stops momentarily, it'll drain off the face and not leave permanent red streaks. That way, you could set up a timer, and have blood flowing a little every minute or so, and people will notice and pay attention when the blood starts flowing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Adding to Bryan 316's advice: How about adding a motion sensor so when it detects people the clock makes a loud "BONG" type chime to get their attention then the blood starts flowing. The noise would make sure people look instead of just passing by.

I don't have any experience with pumps so I don't know how well this idea would actually work.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
sounds very ambitious. Yoiu would have to have two water tanks and a water pump from Home Depot.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sounds ambitious and is TOTALLY WORTH IT ALL!!! Hell yeah, a big ol' BOOOONNNNG then the blood starts flowing? Are ya kidding me? ULTRA CREEPY!!!

Must.

Be.

Made.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts