Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of you genious people.
I am from Denmark, where Halloween isn't as well-known and popular; but since 2009 I have thrown a Halloween party every year. (with great succes).
This year, however, I am completely lost as to what I shoudl wear?

I have very long brown straight hair (not completely dark, just normal brown).
- I would love to find a costume where I can use this as an advantage. (The only thing I can think of is Lara Croft from tomb raider)

Every year so far, I have been something scary (vampire, zombie, witch etc.) but not something that was very recognizable. I would like to be something that people know what is.. - and something that isn't nessesarily scary.

I have been thinking Cleopatra (but my hair is not black, and I don't have the bangs), or something roman-inspired.
- I also considered Snow White (as my skin is very fair), - but that recuires shorter (and darker) hair.
I am not tanned enough to be indian, or pocohonta-ish. So what do I do? :confused:

Every possible inspirational idea is highly welcome..
(oh.. and then sorry about the typos, spelling mistakes, and bad grammar ;) )

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you don't want to be scary but want to be a bit different, why not go as a woodland fairy? If you made your costume in mainly greens and browns, and do some beautiful glittery make-up, and with your long hair hung down you could weave through some strands of ivy and small flowers or other leaves through it, I think you would look lovely, here's some inspiration below:)

fairy 1.jpg fairy 2.jpg fairy 3.jpg

fairy 4.jpg fairy 5.jpg fairy 6.jpg

fairy 7.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Belle from Beauty & the Beast, perhaps?

Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games

Those are the only brown haired heroines off the top of my head. Hmm.

Leapfrogging off the fairy idea, you could go as Mother Nature / Mother Earth as a variation.

A mermaid would be a great costume for long hair as well, I think.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The fairy idea is really good. I was going to suggest something similar.

You could so something like a Greek/Roman goddess. http://www.mrcostumes.com/images/pz/21531/roman-goddess-costume.jpg

Rapunzel came to mind also, though her hair is supposed to be "golden" I am sure you could make it work.

If you like superhero's there is always WonderWoman,Rogue (from X-men), Cat-Woman or HawkGirl.

Good luck and I would love to see what you pick!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts