Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I bought a Firefly Lightning Controller (LFC) 301 a couple years back. In addition to the outputs for LED/Halogen/Incan lights, it also has a low voltage strobe controller (0-10v) that's suitable for some older types of strobes. I recently picked up a ADJ Lightning COB strobe and would like to connect this to the mix. Here's the problem, the ADJ COB is DMX512 and uses a 3-pin whereas the LFC has only a low voltage analog output for strobe control. I'm aware that DMX is a digital signal and the ADJ COB will require it's own address, etc.

My question is, how can I convert the analog signal to be usable by the ADJ COB light?

To provide a bit more context, I am looking to expand into DMX lighting and have been looking at software programs for DMX control, and hardware controllers as well for mu haunts. So I don't mind solutions that require some sort of intermediary hardware/software. However, I did take a look at Doug Fleenor Design's and there's no way I can touch his prices!! I've found lots of DMX to analog solutions, but nothing for the other way around.

Any help toward this solution is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I'll give that a try. Out of interest, do you know what software larger haunts use to coordinate everything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts