Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and i decided to do a Halloween party this year. And up until yesterday morning it was just really gonna be a really minimal decoration party. But when we set up the facebook invites it became known as the "bloodfest" and neither he nor i can really come up with anything zombie or blood related to do for it. We have no money for budget and any ideas for cheap deco or home made blood would be great. ty

·
Registered
138 Posts
cheap blood = karo syrup and food coloring. i think it stains though. or those blood gel clings work pretty well on windows and glass but they stain tile, i learned that the hard way the other day

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Taki,
Just take a look around this message board for some fabulous ideas. There is a photo gallery as well that you can take a peruse around!
Some basic stuff you can do that is inexpensive is just changing all your regular lights to red, add spider webs EVERYWHERE, buy some limbs from the dollar store or Wallymart (most places have some great sales right now), take a look on Martha Stewart.com and bhg.com as they both have some great easy decorating ideas as well as food.
You could always get some sheets too (as someone has suggested for me) and some red paint and just splatter them so it looks like blood and hang them up.
Good Luck and have fun,
megs

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
go to the dollar store. see what they have. could you cut some cardboard and put across your windows like your trying to keep the zombies out. go to goodwill and see what they have. if you could find cheep body parts and brains that would be cool. you can find fake blood recipies, just go into google. maybe a baseball bat with blood on it. how about whipping up some tombstones out of cardboard. put some silly sayings on the stones like-he liked brains so we did slain. if you could find some bones to throw around, make scene setters on cardboard. are you any good with drawing? you could put around on your walls the cardboard stones, draw a coffin, draw a fence. can you fnd a cheap skelly and dress him and make a coffin out of the right shaped box and have a skelly in it. buy some black light bulbs for atmosphere. but some skelly heads iiin a bucket. draw up a sgn that says-beware of zombies

·
Registered
73 Posts
probably your cheapest route is going to be buying the fake spider web and using that as your main deco. You could also get (or might all ready have) a baby doll, stick it in a pair of panty hose, slit in a few places, add fake blood, or anything red, it wont matter, and sparingly cover with fake spiderweb. Hang from tree and wala, you have a baby in a cacoon. I know its morbid but heah, its halloween.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh, I forgot! Make sure to try different ways to spread your fake spiderwebs, some people like them certain ways but I found I like them the best and they seem to look more realistic if you stretch them thin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My boyfriend and i decided to do a Halloween party this year. And up until yesterday morning it was just really gonna be a really minimal decoration party. But when we set up the facebook invites it became known as the "bloodfest" and neither he nor i can really come up with anything zombie or blood related to do for it. We have no money for budget and any ideas for cheap deco or home made blood would be great. ty

Go get a bunch of cheap white sheets, enough to cover the walls of your main room (maybe the couch too). Now take those sheets outside and hang them from a clothesline. Take some fake blood (Karo syrup and food coloring, or get a gallon of fake blood at a Halloween store), put on some rubber gloves and start doing blood spatter on the sheets. Add a few bloody hand prints and smears.
Write a few cryptic sayings in blood.
Maybe have someone stand in front of the sheet so it leaves a body shape.
Once the sheets are dry go hang them inside (thumb tacks should work)

Make some fake PVC flicker candles and place them around the bloody room.
Add a few more blood/gore related props and some gnarly Halloween Hors d'œuvres.

Have everyone dress up as an accident victim, rotting corpse or zombie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts