Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While removing the second power supply(12V) that I had for switching him into high speed with PIR sensor.... I was testing him on work bench and made a discovery that had me laughing!!! He looks like he has fallen and can't get up! Kinda disturbing how he struggles but just can't make it....
This works because he is NOT made of wood like so many people use.... but lighter PVC and plastic! Plus the angle I use for his spine has him move from straight up to forward position - never backwards as that seemed awkward motion to me even for a zombie!
Also I used a piece of plastic to round out his but.... this allows a certain amount of rocking on the rounded part.
What do you fellow haunters think of the motion? I am thinking of having him laying on the ground or driveway like this next Halloween.... see video:
I've fallen and can't get up Zombie Video

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the movement is really cool, but I fear it would be lost if it was too close to the ground. If you could arrange him on a slight hill or even on top of a picnic table (maybe as a meal for other zombies to enjoy and he is trying to get away) then I think he would be more easily seen and appreciated :)

I also build my zombies from PVC, I like the flexibility it gives (especially with the SpiderHill joints, they are so awesome). At the "waist" of your zombie is a thick white plastic plate ... what is that made from? Do you router a piece of something (and if so ... what is it?). That looks like a very sturdy guide for the PVC spine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the movement is really cool, but I fear it would be lost if it was too close to the ground. If you could arrange him on a slight hill or even on top of a picnic table (maybe as a meal for other zombies to enjoy and he is trying to get away) then I think he would be more easily seen and appreciated :)

I also build my zombies from PVC, I like the flexibility it gives (especially with the SpiderHill joints, they are so awesome). At the "waist" of your zombie is a thick white plastic plate ... what is that made from? Do you router a piece of something (and if so ... what is it?). That looks like a very sturdy guide for the PVC spine.
It is UHMW end cuts that I had left over from a job. You can buy it on amazon...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lots of guys use it for motorcycle racks etc and it can be found at Walmart in the form of cheap kitchen cutting boards

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like it but he's gonna get some serious rug burns! 🎃
Yes I have to work out the details.... maybe have him on an old army cot or something up off ground as suggested by engineerchic....?
I wanted to share the idea with you guys as it puts a new spin on a prop that has been done by lots of us...
I made up 3 of these swaying zombies and while they look cool as a horde of walkers..... I need something different for next year. Or at least slightly different....?
My wife suggested putting superhero costumes on the three of them. Superman The Flash. Green Lantern? But Zombie versions!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also build my zombies from PVC, I like the flexibility it gives (especially with the SpiderHill joints, they are so awesome).
I looked at ordering some of those but the shipping and duty makes them way to expensive sent to Canada.
Has anyone found them on Amazon or somewhere that had free shipping to Canada?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts