Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

On a crazy small budget this year but I need to find a poseable skeleton on the cheap n' fast for my pirate poop deck display this year.

I found two so far on Amazon by Seasons for $51.98 including shipping cause I have prime, and over at skeleton-factory.com they had a barney2 for $60+ shipping I'm sure. I cant post links yet cause i just joined and haven't been chatty enough yet lol but i think you get where i'm going.. i hope at least?!

Can I get your input please?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Target..CVS..Kmart.. All carry the pose n Stay skellys if a store near you actualy carries them. Rite Aid carrys one that is nice but not with the joints that hold a pose..but with a little how too you can do a lot with them

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
When you say poseable do you mean "easy click in place poseable" or "I can wire and reinforce poseable"?

The first I would direct you to a Pose-N-Stay and lots of places selling those this year. You kind of adjust the arms/legs until they click into a pose you like. Has some movement restrictions though.

The second falls more to the thin plastic skeletons, fondly referred to as Wallys because for the last few years Walgreens HAD been carrying them ($30). They are valued by DIY haunters as having more flexibilty to rotating arms/hands/legs into positions not really possible with the Pose-N-Stay without probably breaking them. The hollow bone structure of the old Wallys also allows structural supports to be run thru them. They also have a more aged color to their bones so don't look like the bleached bones of the Pose-N-Stays. They also are more fragile over time than the Pose-N-Stays I suspect. Walgreens is now selling only Pose-N-Stays, so you're your probably wondering who carries these older Wallys. This year RiteAid Pharmacy has them. They retail there for $60 and unfortunately your post comes a day late literally, to take advantage of last week's 50% off sale with a RiteAid rewards card, making them very affordable at $30. I assume most of these skeletons got purchased during the sale and as of today, Sunday, the sale is off of them so have reverted back to retail price. They might have them on sale again but got the impression you needed something like now.

Both the Pose-N-Stays and Old Wallies are considered life-size.

The Skeleton Store carries the heavy molded skeletons only I believe. These are the kind that are found hanging in universities and doctor's offices. They are properly scaled and the most realistic to a human skeleton. They come in different "grades" depending on flaws in their molding and lower grades offer up cost benefits to haunters who don't mind and even appreciate some of the flaws in them...ie missing teeth, etc.

I don't know what skeleton you are referring to on Amazon, but you probably can do better using coupons and sales at local stores without incurring shipping. Lots of places will start marking items down. If you don't mind signing up for rewards card programs, I'd suggest doing so with Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy and RiteAid if you have them in your area. I think all of these guys now require a rewards card to get the sale price on their halloween items and to me and lots of people here it's worth the savings. CVS had a 30% off sale not that long ago so not sure if there will be something coming up soon, but now that we are in October I suspect there will be. Same for Walgreens.

You might want to check out Target for their lifesize poseable skeleton (Pose-N-Stay). $40. Their website allows you to search for item availablity at nearby stores. If you go to the Coupon Discount and Promotions area on the forum here you can get a heads up on upcoming and ongoing sales. There are a few Spirit Halloween coupons around you could use. Party City and Halloween City's websites usually have in-store/online discounts as well.

Sorry for the information overload. Really not sure which type of skeleton you are looking for, but I think pricewise you can do better depending on what stores you have in your area.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
BTW if you are looking for something super cheap and would be adding pants on your skeleton so effectively covering his legs anyway, and the legs and feet would be more or less not visible to the kids, you could just pick up a skeleton torso (ground breaker) and mount him to a post or however you were going to pose the skelly (maybe sitting on the ship edge). Should be able to get those for $20 something.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Hey Spookie, www.skeletonstore.com has their own version of the lighter-weight skels now too. They're not pose-n-stay, but they're only $40 and they're pretty nice. Heavier than the Wal-Mart/Target skels and better joints. Plus, if you sign up as a home haunter, you get the discount!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!
Guess I should have gotten the bug to find a skeleton a week earlier lol but I'll check out the drugstores and targets around here first :eek:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've seen posable ones at Walmart and Walgreens where you tighten a few well placed nuts. both were at $49.99. Last week Walgreens had them on sale for $39.99.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks all... I scored the (Pose-N-Stay). $40 at Target this morning :) - 5% cause I'm a tar-get gal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can preview upcoming ads for the drugstores at iheartwags.com, iheartriteaid.com, iheartcvs.com. This may help some plan a purchase based on upcoming sale.
wow thanks!
hubby thinks I've lost my mind with bargain hunting for skeletons this year, so this should apease him

1 - 18 of 18 Posts