Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this new projector, but it isn't for the computer and i can't download videos to a dvd. so i got this cord that goes from the projector to the computer, but nothing's turning up! i need your guys help. do i need a software or something, or will this thing just not work?

·
Registered
495 Posts
might want to post up some pics and model # of the unit your trying to get info on. Might help get you some answers quicker and correctly.

-PB

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the sharper image projector and the model is 1614974. but it does say inputs but i don't know what they mean.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
O thats just the "wonderwall" projector by a different name. I had one. It should work. It worked best with a dvd player...why can't you just burn "the video" to DVD, and play it through a dvd player?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't know what vga is and the bulb is new. no such thing as a stupid question, but yes i did turn it on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i didn't want to result to that. i wanted to hook it up to the computer, but if that's the only way to get it workin then i guess i have to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
because on the computer i can put it on endless loop, and i wouldn't have to burn a dvd. all the videos i have are on the computer, so i don't know what to do.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
well if you have a mac you can always burn a infinite loop dvd with iDVD. other than that, I don't know any other dvd authorizing software that can do it.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
a VGA cable is basically the cable that connects your PC to the moniter....
SO the Projector will become the moniter for you...

Ruggerz

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yep, make sure you've got the video output set to go to that "monitor" (which is, in this case, your projector). Sometimes you get lucky and don't have to specifically "turn on" the secondary monitor, but most of the time you do. I know if I ever connect my PJ to my laptop, I always panic for a second when I forget to activate that second video output.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I was able to loop a video using my wifes Vista Laptop.
It had a newer version of windows movie maker, I think.
I am at work right now so I cant check that.
But I was playing around with it and found that option.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Could also be that you need to hit the Function (Fn) key and at the same time hit the F7 key on your computer.

That tells your computer to 'output' the video to the projector.

If you want to also see it still on your computer while it is also playing on the projector, hit the same keys again. Then if you want it to stop playing on the projector. Hit the keys again. Basically it cycles through those choices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts