Halloween Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this new projector, but it isn't for the computer and i can't download videos to a dvd. so i got this cord that goes from the projector to the computer, but nothing's turning up! i need your guys help. do i need a software or something, or will this thing just not work?

· Registered
236 Posts
Yep, make sure you've got the video output set to go to that "monitor" (which is, in this case, your projector). Sometimes you get lucky and don't have to specifically "turn on" the secondary monitor, but most of the time you do. I know if I ever connect my PJ to my laptop, I always panic for a second when I forget to activate that second video output.

· Hauntless
9,685 Posts
Could also be that you need to hit the Function (Fn) key and at the same time hit the F7 key on your computer.

That tells your computer to 'output' the video to the projector.

If you want to also see it still on your computer while it is also playing on the projector, hit the same keys again. Then if you want it to stop playing on the projector. Hit the keys again. Basically it cycles through those choices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.