Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it be?

I have a Toastmasters meeting on Thursday and since it's the one before Halloween we're all dressing up. I'm in charge of Table Topics, which is usually a thing done to get people to volunteer to come up and speak for anywhere from one word to a minute and a half.

Well, since I'm a confirmed Halloween freak I thought what I would do is mix it up a little and do the TT as a psuedo anchor news. I, would be the interviewer, dressed as a Witch - I need a good name for a witchy news anchor. The volunteers will be given props.

Ears for the witch cat.
Cape for Dracula.
Gown and mask for the Grim Reaper.
Gown and mask for Dead Elvis.
Dress and veil for the Zombie Bride.

You get the idea. I need a question for each of them, then when they answer that will be their speech. The whole intent is that it's voluntary and off the cuff.

I'm looking for help with the questions! I have a few ideas, but I want them to be funny, interesting, not necesarily connected to Halloween per se. Maybe dental questions for Dracula? Why is the grim reaper so feared - he 's only doing his job? How hard is it for a cat to perch on a broom - have there been any close calls with aircraft? I hope you can get the idea.

Our meeting is set for Thursday afternoon.

So come on fellow ghouls - any ideas?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi Nevermorelenore, just heading out the door here but I couldn't help notice your need for help, well here goes a quick suggestion or two.

OK a few names for a witchy News Anchor
Raven
Luana-female warrior
Kendra-magical and understanding, she's also a water baby
Aldora-winged gift
Aurora-Dawn
Althea-Healing child

A possible question. Does anyone know any of the lost meanings of Halloween?
Some true origins believe that Halloween is a ceremony of honering our ancestors, such as The Day of the Dead in Mexico.

A Time when the veils between our world and the spirit world are at it's thinnest and create a portal for greater potential for magical creation to appear

Well have to fly off here, hope this tid bit of info may create some ideas, best of luck nevermorelenore

^v^DOD^v^

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
I need a good name for a witchy news anchor.
Broomhilda Flyby

Ears for the witch cat.
Why are only black cats associated with Halloween?
Do you feel discriminated against?

Cape for Dracula.
What is the best temperature to serve blood?
Have you bitten anyone famous?

Gown and mask for the Grim Reaper.
Sort of a Santa question, How can you be everywhere all the time?
Do you have Reaper's Helpers?

Gown and mask for Dead Elvis.

Dress and veil for the Zombie Bride.
What attracted you to your husband?

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Miss Wartson. Broomhilda made me think of an old game, the witch character's name was Gruntilda.

Ears for the witch cat: Have you ever been kidnapped with the intent of being sacrificed?

Cape for Dracula: Where do you get your cape from? Self made? Transylvanian seamstress named Vladela?

Gown and mask for the Grim Reaper: (From family guy) Have you ever fallen in love with someone whose soul you had to take? Was highschool awkward for you?

Gown and mask for Dead Elvis: Are you really dead? I don't know, that's a tough one...

Dress and veil for the Zombie Bride: Ask for hair tips, makeup tips...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am going for Hazel Goodspell for the interviewer.

My questions

for Dracula: What is your favorite type to have for holidays?

Grim: Do you prefer taffetta or satin for your shroud?

Cat: How long did it take to learn that all knowing stare?

Dead Elvis: Do you know where Hoffa is buried?

Zombie Bride: Are you saving the top of the brain for the first annivesary?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! You guys are great!! So many names to choose from and a whole new bunch of questions. Keep 'em coming!

I've just finished making a cauldron full of candy and Halloween goodies for the winner and pumpkin loot bags for the rest.

Should be fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts