Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look for a tag stitched in the seem of the dress. A lot of manufacturers out there label there in clothed props.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh my god!!!she is beautiful. what did you pay for her?
I got her along with an 18" Crypt Keeper for $45. I've been seeing just the Crypt Keeper going for over $50 on ebay, so I was pretty happy. I just wish I knew where she came from. I've done all sorts of searches on the internet and can't find any sign of her.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
That Witch was made by Don Post Studios back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I have a smaller version of her (pictured below in the upper left):

DSC01398.jpg

The version you have is rare and hard to find. Also looks like it's in great shape! I will try to find the catalog picture of her and post it.

Also, try putting it under a black light and see if she glows in the dark... Mine does and I think they was all described as doing so. Great find!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I found it! The prop is called Clair Voyant. Here is a link from: The Blood Curdling Monster Mask Blog that had a post featuring the 1999 Don Post Studios catalog:

http://monstermasks.blogspot.com/2015/02/1999-don-post-studios-catalog.html

And a picture:

View attachment 332273
That's awesome! Thanks so much for tracking her down. The curiosity was driving me a little nuts.

It's a shame she's a little smaller than I thought she would be, to the point that she doesn't really work where I wanted to use her. I'm not sure what to do with her now.

Thanks also for inadvertently introducing me to the archive where you found her. I can't wait to dig through it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts