Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am desperately hoping someone can tell me where I can find the black trench coat that is similar to the one Selene wears in Underworld. I have the rest of the costume purchased and want to finish it with the coat.
I have looked and looked and not finding anything close except the Matrix coats on ebay.
Any sites or suggestions would be great. Even if you have one to sell! :)
Thank you!

·
Registered
543 Posts
How close does it need to be? The Hell Riders line by Disguise Inc. made a long coat (back in 2001) out of PVC styled like leather, but it does not have the correct collar or the insert panels in the back to make the coat billow more, and it has a belt that could be removed, but it would have a similar look. You would need to add the embroidery though.

I got mine at Party City, but I don't know if that line is still available.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I'm fine with the style not being exact. Just something that would work for the party. I have the Selene Cosplay outfit and wouldn't really need the coat but feel it would complete the outfit.
I would love the one from Baron Boutique but that is very spendy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you have any inclination to sew, you could probably whip up a trench in a few hours if you don't make it too complicated. I wouldn't bother putting buttons or hook and eyes on it if you are planning on wearing it open anyway. and it looks like everything is really straightforward on the garment, so you could take pretty much any pattern, alter the collar and either at panels in the back so it flows, or put a slit up the center back. =) hope that helps.... I couldn't find any trenches that were similar and not uber expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL unfortunately I'm not a sewer! :) But that is a great idea, I do know a couple people that could make one for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gonna go all out with contact lenses? Someone on here was looking at building a Lycan costume and had pics of Elders costumes, with armor. (Sorry, big Underworld fan.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw the Lycan costume. Very real--lot of work LOL
I want the contacts but they don't make them in my diameter. Plus, my husband would kill me if I were to spend that much. Have already spent enough costume and boots so far. The boots I found were men's Demonia with 5 strap-the closest to Selene's I could find and they were $64. So actually that was the best buy. the costume was $100.
I had just watched Underworld and Underworld Evolution this weekend. Am a fan as well :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm excited to hear that the 3rd movie 'Rise of the Lycans' will be out in January! Too bad no Selene, but it is a "before" movie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts