Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So I have purchased two BenQ MX810ST MX713 ST DLP projectors. I have downloaded a Atmosfear set of scenes.

Here is where I need help.

I'm so clueless with computers that I have no idea how to get the files together and run them in a loop.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts
First of all, these are great short throw projectors, so you need less thand 6ft to get very large 4x3 images

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-MX810ST-projection-calculator-pro.htm

Second, you need either a media player or attach your laptop to the projectors via vga or hdmi to view your atmos files.

One interesting feature you have is the monitor in/out vga sockets. What I think you can do is to have one signal (media player or pc) go into one and then daisy chain to the second projector, allowing you to show the same image to two different projector locations. It might work if you try it out.

Good luck

Victor

·
Registered
468 Posts
Assuming you use a laptop to play your media:
1. Create a folder to hold your media files, on the desktop or in your video folder is fine.
2. Copy your video files into this folder
3. Use a video player that lets you sequence multiple files. 0n a windows laptop VLC Media Player works well
4. Start playing, and select the button that shows 2 arrows in a loop, this I'll make the player repeat playing the files until you tell it to stop
5. Tell your media player to play full screen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you heresjohny!

Before I can even get to that I have another problem. My computer (Microsoft Surface Pro) is not recognizing the projector. Any ideas how to connect it? If not how about how to put a loop on a USB flash drive that would work too. Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am not familiar with a surface pro, but usually there are no special drivers to connect a computer to a projector, just the right cable. Do you have a miniDisplay port cable that connects to the projector? Some laptops have a special function key that you use to toogle displaying on a projector. You can copy the video files to the USB drive, but I think that will only help if your projector has a built in player. Maybe someone more familiar with the surface pro can help

·
Registered
468 Posts
How does it work if you play the videos on the tablet without the projector? What software are you using to play the video? If it is also jumpy, then my guess is you are running other apps and services on the tablet that are using up all your memory and CPU, use task manager to find out what is using a lot of memory or CPU. You can also reboot the tablet. You might try reducing the resolution you are playing the video back at to see if that helps. You could also try a different video player. If it plays fine on the tablet but not the projector, then something is wrong with how you are connecting to the projector. That one is harder for me to help with. How are you connected?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Go to Start Menu, open Settings and go to System
Under Display, click Advanced display settings
Drag and drop the onscreen computer screens to the right or left until they match the physical placement of the real computer screens
Choose your main display
Now you should set what your projector is going to show. You do that by adjusting the Orientation settings and Multiple displays settings. Here are the available options: Duplicate These Displays: This option shows the exact same image on your regular monitor and on the projected screen
Extend These Displays: This option stretches Windows to fit across both screens
Show only on 1: Choose this before you’re ready to show off your presentation. Then switch to Duplicate These Displays
Show Only on 2: Choose this to show only the second display, which is useful when hooking up a tablet to a TV for watching movies in a dark room
Click Apply to save your settings

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I got it going. :)

Now I just need to know how to get rid of the title of each scene as it comes on.

These files are Atmosfear files and when put together they still show the title at the bottom with each change of scene.

How do I put them all together to loop without the title?

·
Registered
1 Posts
123 HP Support

Over the weekend, I was helping a family member with transferring files to his laptop from his new digital camera. The experience showed me that what many of us take for granted with computers seems like absolute voodoo to many other people. When I told him to open Microsoft Explorer, he looked at me with a blank stare. When I said just hold down the control key to select more than one photo at once, he got up to get himself a stiff drink.

There are a lot of people – particularly older folks – that really want to keep in touch with family and friends, and interact with other people online. Unfortunately, computer technology remains a very real barrier for them. Even basic computer terminology like file transfers, blogging, torrents…it all sounds like a foreign language to a very large part of the population.

In an effort to help bridge the technological gap, I went out in search for free, high-quality online resources that can really help by providing tutorials and information about computer basics.Computer repair places like Best Buy’s Geek Squad do a lot of things that you can easily do yourself. Instead of paying for a pricy malware removal or computer tune-up, you can do it yourself.

This guide won’t walk you through identifying a failing component and repairing it by hand. It’s focused on the easy stuff – although it’s easy, people pay hundreds of dollars to have it done for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts