Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is the first year that I am really advertising my haunt and getting the word out. I'm kinda worried about possible issues with safety and the rules. I have a couple strobe lights and don't want someone to have a seizure, parts will also be very dark, and I definitely don't want anybody touching anything.

I'm looking for help on the wording of a sign. I don't want to come off as mean and I don't want to be sued either. I know some of you have signs outside your haunts, so any sorts of ideas would be appreciated.

·
Banned
53 Posts
" Warning Strob lighting in use, If you Affected please use cauction and your judgement before going in. Also be warned now If you Touch prop you may be asked to leave"

This is the sign we have up at the haunted house I work at

·
Banned
53 Posts
And also as a EMT the way i placed the strob lighting words is your best way.... Just be honest with people, thats your best bet

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch. That actually has helped a lot. I may also add a fog machine inside one of these days and was wondering if you had any ideas as to how to warn people about that? Just add it to the list of things in use?

·
Banned
53 Posts
Umm the fog is really not a big deal to add, BUT if you want to add it to the list jsut be like this with your sign.

"Caution: DARKNESS in areas, STROBE LIGHTS are being used (Please use your judgement if these light effect you), Smoke Device being used........

ALL BE ADVISED BEFORE ENTERING,
YOU WHERE WARNED."

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thanks again everybody. I just realized that I titled the post Warming signs, instead of warning signs. Bodysnatcher, I wasn't allowed to respond to your PM because apparently you don't receive them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts