Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having hallowen bon fire bashes since the sixth grade, and all my friends love them and look forward too it every year because not to toot my own horn but I am quite the haunter.
ANYWAY its a few years later and I plan to have the big halloween bon fire bash but my friends are expecting it to be a big teen drinking out of control party but the thing is thats not what it's going to be. What if my friends don't think halloween is as fun as I do anymore?
For the Junior High parties we always did like Ouija boards and seyonces, bloody mary, of course we watched scary movies and we danced, and I live on an acreage so we played a midnight manhunt game in the woods, and of course when the night started to settle down we had a campfire (duh)

All the decorations are good and ready and im in the early planning stages but what are some way I can make my party more grown up without having my parents freak?

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
I would search the forum key words teen party and see what comes up. I wish I could help, but as a teenager I was lame.:eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I was in high school my best friend threw an AWESOME halloween party that way outdid mine (but it was worth it). She lived on an acreage too, so she had some woods on the side of her house. When we first arrived, she would walk us through the woods where bats and stuff would drop down, and we could see a flickering light further in with creepy music playing. When we got there (neat little set up with a coffin), she took handcuffs and handcuffed us each to a tree. Our goal was to get to the house.
She had random people running around screaming, but as simple as it sounds it was one of the best parties I went to in high school. I remember one of my friends kept escaping somehow so they tied him to two trees with rope. My other friend was handcuffed to a smaller tree, so she actually uprooted it and I saw her running with this huge tree on her back. It was HILARIOUS. I tricked them into loosening my handcuffs because they were 'too tight', and I got away but tripped before I made it to the house. They sent a big dude out to get me and he carried me back into the forest on his shoulder.
We live in Florida though so the weather wasn't too bad during Halloween. Humid, but that made it creepier.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Love it!

When I was in high school my best friend threw an AWESOME halloween party that way outdid mine (but it was worth it). She lived on an acreage too, so she had some woods on the side of her house. When we first arrived, she would walk us through the woods where bats and stuff would drop down, and we could see a flickering light further in with creepy music playing. When we got there (neat little set up with a coffin), she took handcuffs and handcuffed us each to a tree. Our goal was to get to the house.
She had random people running around screaming, but as simple as it sounds it was one of the best parties I went to in high school. I remember one of my friends kept escaping somehow so they tied him to two trees with rope. My other friend was handcuffed to a smaller tree, so she actually uprooted it and I saw her running with this huge tree on her back. It was HILARIOUS. I tricked them into loosening my handcuffs because they were 'too tight', and I got away but tripped before I made it to the house. They sent a big dude out to get me and he carried me back into the forest on his shoulder.
We live in Florida though so the weather wasn't too bad during Halloween. Humid, but that made it creepier.
About how many kids were there at that party?

I love that idea, but it may be too hard to do with a bunch of kids....

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you don't supply alcohol, there will be alot less drinking, (have colored drinks in spooky bottles instead.)
Even though teenagers pretend they're tough, alot are scaredy cats so scare them! They will have fun and forget to vetch about it not being a typical party, which they can go to anytime, and it's Halloween goddamit! :)
Since you have acreage, 'hire' a few friends, particularly guys if you can, to be scare actors for a part of the party-you could have the makings of a future haunt!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not supllying alchohol was my original plan, but they bring it anyway which just makes everyone act stupid. Is there a way to restict it?
They're partiuclarlily easy to scare, even though everyone's expecting it they always freak when my dad jumps out of the woods around the fire pit with the chainsaw. And rustling in the bushes and the owls flying acrosss the paths sends the best of them running like mad and screaming bloody murder all the way back to the house. I'll definatley try turning up the scare tactics this year and hope I can get a good sqeal out of the guys with the deepest voices. I also aquired a good idea from a thread about having an outdoor "drive in style" movie screening.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I understand the situation, had that problem many times. I f you can organise it quite strictly, you can presuade them to give their alcohol they brought at the start to 'the cook'(Lurch type a person), then mix it with non-alcohol drinks that make it look creepier, like green or bubbling drinks, so they think you actually upgraded their drinks instead of downgraded it.

Also, to make sure they don't find you lame; try and invite some 'cool dudes', who are older; people they would look up to. Get those cool dudes in the plan and have them make 'propaganda' for staying (resonably) sober. That really works! And believe me, here in Holland it's much more common for young people to get completely wasted (and have to go to the hospital), but those 19 year old biker types (or whatever type would impress your friends) really have a great effect..i once invited a group of guys who just joined the army; you wouldn't believe how fast my friends were saying: "Yeah, I think staying sober is much cooler too." Hope this helps.. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So It's been awhile since I logged on to Halloween Forum because there's no point anymore since halloween parties are now restricted at my acreage until my later teen years. Why? Because I restricted alchohol and two assholes brought it anyway there were a few people wasted, there was a fist fight somebody puked in the woods, I had two friends mad at me because I poured their rum down the toilet and needless to say angry parents were called my parents were furious and blah blah blah I can't have anymore parties until further notice.
Anyone in the Edmonton area looking for four years worth of collected halloween decorations? I won't be needing them. :( Maybe I should go into the party planning buisness and get all the halloween fun and none of the headache....

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's too bad that a few jerks ruined your Halloween parties. I think it was a good thing that you restricted the alcohol. I would have been mad too if some people brought it in anyway, that's when a big scary 'guard' at the gate confiscating alcohol would have been nice. If there is a 'no alcohol policy' and you throw an awesome party, even drinking teens won't miss the booze, nor will they want to miss the party. Stand firm on the 'no alcohol policy', it's a great thing. After all, you do want them to remember the scares afterward, not 'I puked in the woods'!
Don't give up! Start small again, with maybe 4-6 people invited (those you know won't bring booze). With a small party, the budget goes a lot further, and can be really scary. You can gradually ramp up from there. Just make a firm policy that anyone bringing booze or already intoxed doesn't get in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
How about a way to just hang out, but halloween style. Have a center devides in to 8 sections, every other one a TV with a different halloween movie, B&W, Comedy, Classic & something like hellraiser/ saw. Every other one a food & non alc drink station. In a circle with hay for couches & decorated for each movie. Then when you go to get some food if you want to drop in to a different movie or friend you do it. wouldn't hurt to have someone in costume drop in from time to time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That could work, movies and snacks and scares it's simple but at least I don't completely lose the excitment from halloween parties (The planning is the best part I start brainstorming with my fellow halloween enthusiests when we first get back to school and then start getting everything together in mid september) and my alternative was my cousin is eleven this year same age as me when I had my first halloween party I was going to help her make her own party and offer my expert advice, and repetoire of props...although it will be hard for me to not go completely control freaky and take over the whole thing I'll try my best though!

Thanks for the scary sober support
Sincerely
Canada's (self proclaimed) #1 haunter

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would definitely use your experience to help your cousin. Get your friends that helped you before help out on this one too. You and your friends can be the scary part of the party, and with eleven-year-olds, ya don't have to worry about anyone bringing in booze! lol! That age group is old enough to graduate to the scarier stuff, and you won't have to do any 'baby stuff'. I hope you parents will let you do this, and see that you want to have fun on H'ween, not party and get drunk like some your age.
I think that as long as you include her ideas into your planning, and let her and her friends help decorate, etc. that she will just appreciate your help and not think that you 'took over' her party. I think it sounds like a blast. Younger kids are so much easier to please and scare than the teenagers can be. Have fun!

·
Registered
576 Posts
That is a unfortunate situation you're in now. It seems you'll have to wait until it blows over before you can turn on the parties.

Perhaps you can turn your energies into creating a haunt instead? If you have props, masks, and costumes, you would just need to build the haunt and maybe a few props.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I have never allowed alcohol at my parties. It's about halloween fun and celebrating the season. If people can't come without the alcohol then i don't need them there anyways. It seems whenever you mix humans with alcohol you are always going to have trouble, it's a shame that there are so many immature people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts