Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased the store display of these at Home Depot for $21 (told the cashier they were broken. Which they were, the arm brackets were broken off one of the witches two arms, so she took off 50% of the sale price) got them home to test out and the mouths don’t move, cauldron mech doesn’t spin, and the sensor doesn’t work. So I open up the box with the circuit board and it looks like some of the components fried. Is it fixable or should I call SVI and ask them and see what they can do??

Attachments

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Looks like there's a lot more damage than just those two transistors. That board got seriously hot and probably melted the traces in that burned section. Don't mean to be a buzz kill but I highly doubt that board is fixable and you'll probably hit a dead end trying to get a new one. Good luck!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Unfortunately that board is fried. Toast. I would never even attempt to fix that as you don't even know what other components have been fried besides the obvious ones. I suggest you take it back and show them this to get a refund or take a big leap and attempt to create your own controller board..which will probably be much more robust than the existing board.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the help, I’m gonna call seasonal visions and see if i can get a replacement of the part. I mean the lights and audio work I guess that’s a plus. Just glad I didn’t end up paying the $42 sale price the day before when I saw them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts