Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your friends and family, that is.

I have greatly appreciated family help on and around the Day with things like stuffing, sorting, and counting treat bags and helping with distribution during TOT. The rest is pretty much just my project and passion. For that reason, I try to keep things out of sight and projects under wraps until at least late summer.

What about you?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have always paid my helpers no matter if they are friends or family, but a haunt is also "Work", and I realized from "Day ONE" that nobody is going to be nearly as enthusiastic as I am. Much purely Physical effort has to happen here for each customer who goes through this house.
Many patrons of Ravens Grin say this is the most fun they have ever had, and it all requires that work-ethic to happen. Now add this to the sad fact that the number one fear that most people have is the fear of speaking in PUBLIC, and this is also what my employees here usually have to do in varying degrees.
Sadly for me, some of our most ambitious employees would not or could not do what their tasks required or they turned out to be untrustworthy,not thieves,but not trustworthy in what they would Say or Do to the customers. Can't tolerate profanity or touchy-feely in the dark.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ha - if only! I play Halloween music throughout the year when I'm in the mood for some Halloween spirit (though, yes, it does get played a LOT more in Sept & Oct), my friends are always keeping an eye out for Halloween stuff during their thrift store/garage sale runs, I'm always getting sent Halloween pics on Facebook (or they're leaving pics & links on my FB wall), & Pinterest just feeds the need, so to speak.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Last year was our second annual party that me and my best friend put on. We have a couple really good guy friends that help us and my dad is a big help as well. We always buy dinner on the nights we are working on things and setting up. I will say early last year I had a boyfriend that really wasn't big into Halloween or the party. It really made me not motivated to even have a party. I would work on the invites and he would say why don't you just text them or make a flyer. I would be working on a decoration and he would be like "no one would really care about it". He wanted all my attention, would spend a lot of time my room and want me to always be sitting on the bed watching TV with him. Not working on any projects. I finally had the last straw in August and we split and I totally felt releif and got the rest of our party planned and it was a huge success! Now i'm single though...and looking for someone that will share my passion. Until then though I have some awesome friends that I can lean on!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Cherry, Watching TV... is not "Life", just eavesdropping on someone else's life. (Or a theatrical attempt at portraying it.)
Our bodies and minds were meant to "DO", this is what keeps us in the Game, just ask your body, it will tell you what you should or should not be doing.
but you already know all this, HURRAY! FOR YOU!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts