Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another forum I visit and think what happened to the Mansion is terrible. Thought getting the word out to everyone might help so am posting the message here. I know that everyone has concerns about having their props stolen so it's a subject that hits home to all.

"Our good friends of SkullTronixs operate Hagan Haunted Mansion and Scary U haunt school.
I called Jerry Jewell to talk to him about my Skull that is being retrofitted and he explained to me that a few days ago Hagan Haunted Mansion was broke into and they have had over $30,000.00 with of props, computer stuff, lighting, etc. stolen! (Forgive me for not having more details) This is a Charity event that has been wiped out!!!
-They are located in Rancho Cordova, California. If anybody located in the Northern or Central California area hears anything about this and/or items for sale contact Jerry. His number is located on the Skulltronix website http://www.skulltronix.com/skulltronixFlash.html"

Kind of on the same subject, what do people do to try to protect their stuff? I don't want to clutter this thread with lots of other posts so am starting another thread to talk about anti-theft measures.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is absolutely horrible. Especially since it was stolen from a charity event! Those theives are going to get some pretty bad karma for what they did.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow... that's horrible. I know how much time Jerry and Mike put into that haunt. It's too bad people are such idiots sometimes. I'm all for turning them into a permanent prop if they are found.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That really pisses me off! I just watched the news clip...one thing I HATE is a thief!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
440 Posts
When people steal things like this... What are they going to do with it? Sell it, display it? What kind of idiot steals Halloween props. And from a charity event..... I do hope karma kicks them back soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i agree...this really irritate the absolute crap outta me! I second crazybob's idea of turning those a-holes into permanent props when they are caught!!! :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
This is just awful . How do these creeps justify their behavior.
What are they going to do sell it out of the back of a Truck? Put it in their haunt? Someone has to recognize it sooner or later. Let just all hope they get caught and quickly!

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Everyone who works on the Hagan haunt are pretty devastated by the theft, and what is normally an extremely busy time of year is now a virtual nightmare.

The Hagan haunt is fairly unique because its actually built and operated by the local kids under Jerry and Mikes guidance, and the whole experience is as much about encouraging the local kids to make a positive contribution to the community and learning the ins and outs of running a business as it is about being a haunted house.

Its arguable that dealing with the actions mindless morons who will take such thoughtless actions is a valuable life lesson for the kids, but its a very unfair lesson, at this stage its hoped that the generosity of the local and extended community will be able to provide funds and resources to rescue the haunt this year, learning that at times of adversity you can rely on friends and community to help you out could become the most positive aspect of this whole sorry affair.

Of course we trust that everyone will keep an eye out for anything suspicious, most of what was taken was industrial computers and projectors... the computers are very distinctive as they come is small aluminium 'industrial' cases.

any information or offers of assistance should be directed towards Jerry, his contact details are on SkullTronix

·
Haverghast Asylum warden.
799 Posts
Don't take this the wrong Way, but this all could have maybe been pervented.
Having someone steal your stuff, or stealing someones stuff is way not cool and there is no way too justify it. Ok I have too say this With all that money they had invested why did they not hire I securety gard, or take turns looking after it, I'm not sure if they had securety cameras, but they should, we do not live in the 40's. it's 2008 and you just can't trust people. Hope noone takes this the wrong way.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is bad news........but this is the reason why I will not open my haunt to the public,this is the times we live in and you just cant trust anyone anymore, I just show mine to close friends and make videos THATS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I want to go pro so bad, but there sure always seems to be a lot of reasons not to do it. All revolving around what doushbags people can be.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Low lifes are everywhere...last year our local Boys and Girls CLub in conjunction with sailors from the local Air Station put on a really good haunted house. All volunteer and with all funds going to the Boys and Girls Club. Two low lifes over powered the cashier during a slow moment and stole the cash box.....theres always a couple of idiots that take advantage and ruin it for rveryone and they strike when and where you would least expect them to.:mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts