Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a used Martha Stewart Life Size Animated Ghost (Originally sold at Grandin Road in 2011) from eBay, and it was missing a very important piece; The instructions. I have been able to pretty much put together the whole lower half just by visualizing what fits where, but for some reason I am completely stuck on what to do with the chest frame. There is a motor that attaches to the bottom of the frame with springs, and that motor quite simply rotates. I have the frame screwed into the motor below it, but after I got it screwed in I'm not sure that it is facing the right way.
I will try to attach pictures later, but pretty much the reason I cannot figure it out is this:
There are 2 thin metal poles that are attached dangling from the top of the frame.
One pole attaches to the arm that raises and lowers, and the other is supposed to be held in place by a piece sticking out from the motor.
The only time I have gotten the left pole (The one that attaches to the motor) to actually attach, it kept popping off like the pole could not reach that far.
I have spent hours flipping the frame in different directions and seeing if the arms will connect to their corresponding positions, but have had absolutely no luck. I know this product is very similar to the Re-animated corpse (And is also made by the same company), so if you have had this problem with that prop as well any help is appreciated. :)
Again, I understand this may be hard to understand without pictures or videos, but I will try to upload those as soon as possible for you all to better see what I mean.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is the one. I should be able to upload pictures of it later today as well.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try the Grandin Road web site for possible downloadable instructions?

Just a thought.......
Yes, I tried that as well, but since the product is no longer available they completely removed the link to it. I also tried contacting Grandin Road via phone, but they said there was nothing they could do about it since they no longer carry it.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I sent another email to Grandin Road product services, and they ended up sending me a pdf file for the instructions! :D Now I''ve gotten it set up and working properly, but now I have another problem. The sound is not working. I did notice one of the black wires that is supposed to be connected to the Try Me slot was disconnected, which could be an easy fix, but I'm not really good with electronics so I wouldn't want to mess it up. I will try to add pictures later. If anyone knows how to re-attach wires to the correct places please let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts