Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of glue should be used to stick pvc pipe to great stuff foam? I tried wood glue but it doesnt seem to be holding. Maybe I am just impatient, but if you have other suggestions would love to hear them!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
That's the best advice. Skuff up the surface of the PVC. I usually give a couple of twists with some 60 grit sandpaper. That gives enough texture on the PVC to allow glues to adhere. I don't know if you want to use Liquid Nails as it sometimes eats through foam (sometimes).

Gorila Glue will definitely work -- just be patient and let it cure.

I've never tried using Great Stuff as an adhesive, but it's worth a try! :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Gorilla Glue it is! On the note of things eating foam. I spray painted some styrofoam heads last year and noticed that the paint ate away at them a bit. Not a big deal as I just wanted a darker texter for under my masks. But great stuff seems to be working great! I was struggling with a piece of crap airbrush to paint my 30 some skulls. After giving up on that I tried spray paint and it works fine, no distortion. So I don't know if liquid nails is more potent, but spray paint works fine.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update on this. Good old elmers worked just fine. I just needed to be patient, a quality I really dont have. Usually when I glue things it involves nails as well so don't really wait for a dry time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure who posted it on here before but I found this site to be a great help:

This to That (Glue Advice)
Thanks for that link, very useful.

I do have a couple of glue questions that aren't included there. I have a crack in a prop made of hard molded foam and I'm wondering what's the best glue. I don't know what the material is called, so hopefully that's a good description. Also, what is the best glue for resin?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts