Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two fog machines that I bought a few years ago, but never got to use (mostly due to freak weather systems). Now I finally get a chance and one won't work.

I tested the one a few days ago and everything was fine. So like a dummy I assumed the other one was good to go. Of course it's not. The unit heats up, the light goes on, but it won't fire!

Any advice? (or should I just assume I have a lemon?)

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
For what it's worth, I was panicking for you as well - non-functioning fog machines the day before are the stuff of home-haunters nightmares.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You are not alone...I had a fog machine fail the night of... AND while testing a pneumatic coffin door I ripped the side right off it! Halloween night was nothing but stress last year. Luckily I had a back up dog machine and another pneumatic prop...

...nothing but STRESS!!!!!!..

LOL

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it's worth, I was panicking for you as well - non-functioning fog machines the day before are the stuff of home-haunters nightmares.
Thanks. I knew I could search the forums and Google, but panic was setting in hardcore. I've had so many things go wrong today, this would have been the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know what your saying about stress. Every year I wonder why I do this, then Halloween night comes and every one likes the yard and I remember why I do this!

·
Registered
894 Posts
One thing I've learned with all my dieing foggers is to use vinegar when done for the season. Put some in it and let it run and spit some vinegar fog out then empty and put away. Fog juice is sticky and clogs them up easily. If one is warming up but hot pumping out put vinegar in it and let is set. It unclogged one of mine this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts