Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going out in costumes for a friend's birthday in April. the theme is Superheroes and villains. I have decided on Poison Ivy. I'm sure I can find most things I need on Ebay, but I'm unsure where I can find some fake leaves, for over the eyebrows and some on the costume material. :eek:

The best thing I have found was on Ebay....... here it is though they may be good enough for the material, but not for the face.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,102 Posts
I agree! Scrapbooking paper is a great idea and multiple layers could give you a better effect. I also would check the craft stores, like Michaels. any leave as long as you like the shape. You can always paint and glitter them the way you want.

·
Reaper
3,615 Posts
Faux leaves can be found at any craft store... Michaels, hobby lobby, walmart ven has some. You would probably have to do a little trimming to shape them around your eyes but that probably wouldn't be too hard. How do you plan to make them stick?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The UK doesn't have the same selection of stores as you guys, so I'm not EXACTLY sure what your stores are like, but I get the main idea, so I'll be able to track down one or two craft stores, thanks. it is a shame it's off season for leaves though, isn't it!?
I have plenty of time left to sort things out yet, so I'm sure there'll be no reason to worry:p Not sure about an adhesive for the face yet, but I hear liquid latex will do the job.

·
Registered
171 Posts
hey there, love the idea....

I see you're in Lancashire, if you evere go to Wigan or Manchester City centre i could suggest a few specific places...

but in general i'd say check places like hobbycraft, paperchase or even WH Smith etc... general stationery shops will sell a range of paper.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey there, love the idea....

I see you're in Lancashire, if you evere go to Wigan or Manchester City centre i could suggest a few specific places...

but in general i'd say check places like hobbycraft, paperchase or even WH Smith etc... general stationery shops will sell a range of paper.
I do go to Manchester every now and again. Not entirely sure if I will be before April though.
I'm going to try checking out The Range, in Blackburn(where I am:D) as I know they have a craft section that I've never really payed close attention to! :p
A lot of places have closed down due to the credit crunch, so we've lost a few that I might have been able to go to, so I'll see what's still standing! :eek: Of course there should still be all the big chains.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I do go to Manchester every now and again. Not entirely sure if I will be before April though.
I'm going to try checking out The Range, in Blackburn(where I am:D) as I know they have a craft section that I've never really payed close attention to! :p
A lot of places have closed down due to the credit crunch, so we've lost a few that I might have been able to go to, so I'll see what's still standing! :eek: Of course there should still be all the big chains.

I believe Birthdays and errr Clinton Cards sell different types of card too for people to make their own greetings card, i imagine some of that might do you :)

·
Zombie Inside
2,044 Posts
Here's another that used some type of clay:
Coolest Poison Ivy Halloween Cotume 15

And this website sells some eyebrow prosthetics shaped like leaves (I've never heard of the site before so don't take this as an endorsement!):
FANTASY MAKEUP WEB SHOP

Good luck! This is a costume I'd really like to do some time in the future so I'll be really excited to see how your's turns out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.