Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an electric chair noise making adaptation. I wanted something different from the sander vibrating trick.
I was never sold on the mounting of the sander to the chair deal... unless someone can make me believe otherwise.
I saw a chair that had an electric drill mounted to it with a bolt in the chuck that rattled around a piece of sheet metal possibly?

If anyone knows of this setup or an alternative, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks fellow Haunters

·
Registered
229 Posts
I used a sander on my chair and I think it works great. I have it epoxied to an aluminum seat to increase the vibration and noise. Taking it a step further the second year I added two e-crackers from Frightprops. My best prop ever!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I also use a sander on my Electric Chair setup. We made the seat out of two pieces of sheet metal. One on top of the other, the bottom piece was drilled out to accomidate the hole pattern on the sander and just reused the screws that came with the sander to attach it to the bottom of the chair. The top piece then covers the screw heads. It vibrates your whole body! I had to replace the sander as it failed last year, but that was after about 800 "rides". Cheap $12 fix.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bert1913,
Seems like that was the one I remember. Thanks.
I thought the drill bit was used to clank around inside the sheet metal. Upon further review, it looks as if the sheet metal is for
protection in case the bolt were to fly off?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dogbite,
I was thinking about the E-crackers as well. Not sure of the life expectancy?
I know some have used the gorilla glue to mount the sanders with mixed results, didn't think of epoxy. I guess it holds up well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jerm357, will have to check into those. Worried about how many charges you could expect out of a set.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used some computer speakers with a mp3 player attached. My entire chair is powered by a drill mounted to a pvc frame. and a skull with a strobe light inside of his head.
IMAG0335.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
killa283
Interested to see how you mounted the drill inside of the pvc frame. Got any pics? Was the drill for sound effects I guess...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did not mount the drill inside the pvc frame. The drill is underneath the chair. The drill really does not apply any sound effect to the chair. I tried the sander but did not like that so that is why i use computer speakers and an mp3 player with electric chair sounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts