Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas/plans on how to convert a traditional fan into an exhaust fan; so that I can more quickly dissipate lingering fog!? Any ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi Eyegor. Explain more about your set-up. Is this indoors or out? If outdoors, are you just trying to disperse the fog from near a prop to set the stage for the next activation? Where are you thinking of putting the fan, relative to the fogger? Are you using chilled fog so that it stays low and "behaved" longer or not? I take it you've already dialed down the fogger so it puts out just the amount you want.

Also, what are you calling a typical fan? An AC box fan pretty much just offers the speeds the dial gives you. If you want less, you can partially block the inlet grill to choke down the flow a little. If you have a DC fan, like used in most computers, you can just dial in the DC voltage to get the speed you want. With any fan, the more ducting and airflow turns you have, the less flow you'll get.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
outdoors. Im wanting to make fog quickly disappear for the next activation. Im using fog and strobe as a startle effect. The fog however, is lingering around too long which hints to the next group of TOTers that I have a fog machine. I'd like for it t burst out of the machine, rise alittle, and then almost instantly disappear before it has a chance to linger in the air. Im using quick dissipating fog juice, but it still hangs around TOO long.

I thought I could use some kind of exhaust system to quickly suck up the fog and pump it away.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Oops, didn't notice you already were using a quick dissipating juice. Try the box fan to see if that helps enough. If you can, blow it up (since it wants to drift that way anyway) to be above their heads. A little haze above should be in keeping with most haunts and not give away your surprise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts