Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good idea of where to find music appropriate for a Freaky Tiki party? I'm thinking of something like tribal drumming or chanting to go with the large tikis. I have found Polynesian drumming (very fast beat) and African drumming and chanting, but I'm wanting something a little more ominous. Something, a bit slower, pulsing, heavy...

Any ideas?

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,674 Posts
Depending on exactly what you mean by "freaky Tiki", here's a song by a group called "The Wet Spots" titled Labia Limbo". Very humorous with a catchy beat. Be forewarned though; there's no foul language in this video, but it is very sexually explicit, so I posted a link but didn't embed it):

http://youtu.be/0P30Efndzm4

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Love the Nox Arcana tracks. The others a lot of fun (and a bit risque ;) ), but a little light-fared for what I'm looking for.

I think I'm looking for a little less "Jimmy Buffet" and a little more "Oh my God, there are cannibals here who are totally going to eat me..."

Reactions: 22606

·
Registered
579 Posts
Let's start with this one ...

This one isn't super spooky but I like the beats and it is a wee bit ominous..

Here's a track by Michael Stearns and Ron Sunsinger ... it at least has some of the beats I think you are looking for, and it gets ominous ...

A creepy little chant by Steve Roach with Ron Sunsinger ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently started looking into this topic as well...I started with Sinisters OST as I think that's what made that movie any bit creepy. From there I found a band named Aghast. Nice low volume chant music. From there you can find all types of bands that record this ambient sounds for Halloween. Since I'm new I cannot post the videos yet so just youtube it.. Aghast-Hexerei im zwielicht der finsternis full album

1 - 8 of 8 Posts