Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My wife and I are going to be attending Midwest Haunters Convention in Columbus OH this coming June. We are really pumped, but are a bit concerned about costumes. We don't really have anything. :(

So, I'm looking for ideas! Pictures would be great too.

I've seen the photos online from previous conventions, and I'm not sure we can do anything that great.

We'd like something that might be more of a "couple" costume. We're just not sure what will work.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. :)

Thanks

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
We'd like something that might be more of a "couple" costume. We're just not sure what will work.
Do either of you resemble Sonny and/or Cher? :)

There are a lot of cool couple's costumes that have attended our annual Halloween part:
Popeye and Olive Oil
Jack Skellington and Sally
Gomez and Morticia Adams

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do either of you resemble Sonny and/or Cher? :)

There are a lot of cool couple's costumes that have attended our annual Halloween part:
Popeye and Olive Oil
Jack Skellington and Sally
Gomez and Morticia Adams
Thanks for the post Abunai. But I'm concerned that those types of costumes might be a bit to tame for MHC. I've seen the picks on line and that place looks pretty WILD! Right now my wife is concerned that we won't be able to fit in...(costume wise). So we're looking for ideas to step it up a notch.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we might just have to go with "none" cuz we can't seem to decide on anything. Although my wife was thinking about demented clowns maybe. But that's really not my kind of costume. So who knows. What will probably happen is we won't dress this year. Get really down about it...see all the GREAT costumes and then next year plan to do something. LOL

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pumpkinhead625..really good idea. Very simple and scary. Me likee! :)

Itzpoplotl...hope to see you there. I'm told its going to be a BLAST!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I went to the trade show last year and had a blast. This year I'm going to the masquerade ball and the trade show on Sunday (can't get whole weekend off work :/ ) hope to see you there! You could also do Lily and Herman Munster.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lily and Herman Munster are a little more on the "wild" side compared to the Addamses. Although, I can see a Gomez and Morticia couple's costume where Tish is entwined with Cleopatra (her meat eating plant,) and Gomez has just come from an explosion with one of his toy train wrecks. :)

You could create costumes that nod to the late H.R. Giger, like any of his movie characters, or inspired by any of his artwork.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothin huh?
Nope, we just went and enjoyed ourselves. Did dress at all. Well I mean we "dressed" but...well heck...you know what I mean. :)

We had a GREAT time meeting everyone that we did. Allen Hopps class on air brushing was OUTSTANDING! He is as engaging in person as he is on his YouTube videos.

Got to talk with Ed from Midnight Syndicate. It had been a long time since we'd seen each other. (Dracula, 2003, The Kent Stage)

And meeting Ed and Marsha Edmundson has to be listed as a "highlight" of our trip. Such wonderful, kind and giving people. They really took the time to make you feel engaged. I want to do all I can to try and get their show back on another network. I LOVED "Making Monsters!"

We're planning on going next year. And this time we'll make sure to plan on bringing some costumes. :)

~Cheers!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a great time!! The ball was a blast, live the way my costume turned out and got tons of great ideas at the trade show. Really wanted to go to some of the seminars on Saturday but had to work until 430. Definitely looking forward to next year, already have costume ideas in my head. :) I am hoping to see Midnight Syndicate at cedar point this year.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This might not be appropriate but a few years ago at a private house party a couple arrived like this: she was dressed in a box that was painted up to resemble the look and shape of a brick. She wore a full set of tights under it and her head, arms and legs were free of it. He was dressed in white cover-alls and carried a cement trowel. He was the brick layer. They were a big hit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts