Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I could swear someone posted a chili recipe (from their husband, maybe??) that started with steak cut in chunks and simmered in whiskey or something??

Am I imagining things or does someone recall which thread this is in? I'm not having any luck searching for it. I remember it sounded good when I read it and I was thinking of tweaking my recipe to include the beef done this way.

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
OK, so I could swear someone posted a chili recipe (from their husband, maybe??) that started with steak cut in chunks and simmered in whiskey or something??

Am I imagining things or does someone recall which thread this is in? I'm not having any luck searching for it. I remember it sounded good when I read it and I was thinking of tweaking my recipe to include the beef done this way.
i don't know this recipe - but from a uk point of view - I make a casserole of chunks of meat & simmer for hours slowly - meat is beautifully tender & falls apart - think this would be delicious in chilli! now - as far as simmering in whisky goes - never tried that - but i have 2 dishes i make - one is chicken simmered in white wine - another is pork simmered in cider - both cooked slow & low - taste is gorgeous - not of alcohol although the smell in the air is strong!!!

hope this helps - try it beforehand - in a smaller quantinty - i bet it tastes great!!!!:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts