Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have the front end of a car and will trigger the horn and lights to come on when people walk by. My question... will a 12V 10A power supply power the 4 headlights and the horn on this car? If so, great because then I know I can use the picoboo controller I have.
If not, I may need to use a car battery or a car charger but I dont know if I can use the picoboo. I think anything over 10A is too much??????

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I know car horns can draw a lot of current, as do headlights. I would think 10 Amps would be enough. Certainly no harm in trying it, assuming you don't have to go out and buy one just for this.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I think you're gonna be way over 10A for the horns and 4 headlights. Headlights are usually in the neighborhood of 5A each. You can still use your PicBoo, just connect it to a larger relay that will power the cars lights and horns. Connect the relay N.O. terminals to a car battery and the lights/horns. The only current that will go thru the PicoBoo will be whatever the relay draws which is very minimal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts