Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My Wonderland is in Ruins
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck between two different costumes. The design of the mini haunted room is going to depend on which costume I wear. I want to do something kind of scary, but not enough to scare away the little TOTs.

I've got two costumes I could do and spend the least amount of money. A life size doll for a haunted childrens room. Room with a large collection of antique dolls, wooden toys, and stuffies with a huge chair to sit in. Maybe with a tiny tea set covered in webs.

Or a twisted version of the Mad Hatter, for a tea party room. The room would feature a table with a variety of tea cups, tea pots, saucers, clocks, bugs, spiderwebs, rats accompanied with creepy music.

Here's the sketches of the costumes and make up I'm thinking about.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/neo-ragdolls/costumeideas09.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/neo-ragdolls/makeupideas09.jpg

Which do you guys think would be better for this year? :confused:

·
Registered
346 Posts
That really is a though decision (excellent drawings and designs, by the way). Is this for a large or small yard haunt? I would decide based on the rest of the haunt's theme. Is it general Halloween imagery or a very diverse assembly of themes? I think the doll would be better for a general theme, as suddenly encountering a mad Hattress would be a bit jarring if the rest of the place is done up with zombies, ghosts and classic ghouls. But if you have a theme that goes well with a visit to Wonderland, the Hatter would be appropriate. Not sure if this helped :eek:.

·
My Wonderland is in Ruins
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That really is a though decision (excellent drawings and designs, by the way). Is this for a large or small yard haunt? I would decide based on the rest of the haunt's theme. Is it general Halloween imagery or a very diverse assembly of themes? I think the doll would be better for a general theme, as suddenly encountering a mad Hattress would be a bit jarring if the rest of the place is done up with zombies, ghosts and classic ghouls. But if you have a theme that goes well with a visit to Wonderland, the Hatter would be appropriate. Not sure if this helped :eek:.
Thank yous :)
It's going to be an extremly small haunt. Since we're on base housing I can't build anything large. But I'm going to decorate and fix up our carport and turn it into a scene. We have a small collection of tombstones that will be way at the end of our driveway, but no zombies or ghouls. Since either one would be set up as an indoor room I thought it would be okay if they were a different scene. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts