Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to paint the majority of my bfs body.

What have you used for this? Ben Nye, Kryolan, Snazaroo?
I want it to last all night and be sweat and smudge proof.
I am looking to paint him gray if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
For large or full body applications AND last all night - best bets airbrush. That said without aibrush you have some great options.
You could do Mehron Paradise Storm Cloud with Mehron (sweat) Barrier under and over the face/body paint. Coat over the top about 3-4 times.
He'll be good to go.

Kryolan will work use the same method. Both Kryolan and esp Snazaroo are softer makeups (just a bit but in terms of durabilty it will matter). Kryolan is such good quality makeup, just do the same method. Kryolan Fixing Spray (or Mehron's Barrier) under and over.

The is a new makeup called ProAiir Solids, these are a sister makeup to an airbrush hybrid. They do make FX colors - Walking Dead is the current gray. The application is different. The cake makeup is activated with a liquid you must get from ProAiir, it is their barrier called ProLong. I would sponge this makeup on the body. You can cover a body with a ProAiir hybrid or European Body Art Vibe water-based airbrush makeup misted and or sponged on to the skin. There is a learning curve with this method but it's slight, and if you are doing only one color that makes it easier.

Ben Nye is not like Kyolan or Snazaroo which are water-based, gycerin makeups, as is Paradise. Ben Nye is a pressed powered pancake makeup which can be used wet or dry. It too will work, it is the same as Mehron Starblends. These do work with barrier sprays underneath but water-based face paints will do better when it comes to the spray over the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the products listed are good. Whatever you use just make sure its set with colorless setting powder and a barrier spray-can apply another light coat powder if you don't care for the tackiness. It'll be good to go for hours of sweating!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts