Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a tombsone with a wig head and quarter inch foam board. bout 30 inches tall. Now I dont' like what I had planned for it. Any suggestions?
I'm keeping the name Lenore.

I'll be buying paint next month to do the tombstone look, but need something worth painting.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
How about a Medusa portrait...or you could even make a Medusa tombstone. I like your idea of the wig head on the foam. Neat idea.
I like where Terra is going with this... Try making a gothic wall mount of some sort. You cold add more Foam as boarders to give it more depth.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas.
My original idea was sort of like a lady comeing out of the stone instead of the ground. A stone breaker basicly I suppose. Feel free to hijack the idea and use it!
I'm just leary about screwing up the wig face now that its hot glued on and impossible to remove with only minimal damage. My yard is rather small and odd things do get noticed by the itty bitty TOTS.

·
Registered
425 Posts
make it bleed. I saw someone rig up a styrofoam tombstone to bleed though little holes in the letters. It was a neat effect but requires some more work than just painting and carving. send me a PM if interested. It's not that hard to do to make it bleed. id do it but the Blackwood Insane Asylum doesn't have graveyard (my home haunt)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I do love the idea of a projector and the bloody stone. My primary TOT age group that comes through the area is barely out of diapers and well before make up/saggin pants so I try not to do too much blood or gore. I think I'm going to let her sit and "speak" to me for a while. It is really tough to see any final product right now sadly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my dearys, Lenore talked to me today. She's about half done. I have a couple fake $ store crows I'm going to ad as well I think. Thanks to those whose suggestions I used.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually had forgotten to get one of my pathetic little crows out for the picture. It's sitting on her extended hand. I was orginally thinking a lantern, but the battery operated ones I saw are so cutsy and ugly I just went with a crow. I'll be adding a few more. I'm just not thrilled with how much her arm structures show through the cloth. (I love dollartree :D)

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
I actually had forgotten to get one of my pathetic little crows out for the picture. It's sitting on her extended hand. I was orginally thinking a lantern, but the battery operated ones I saw are so cutsy and ugly I just went with a crow. I'll be adding a few more. I'm just not thrilled with how much her arm structures show through the cloth. (I love dollartree :D)

Perhaps if you have a shirt that you could put on her underneath the top cloth, it would help cover up the armature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts