Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m David (Dave is acceptable as well). I’m fourteen years old, and have enjoyed Halloween all my life, but have only been creating props and such for about a year or so. My first big prop was a horse drawn hearse which sat in our yard for Halloween 08. In mid October, someone even informed the local paper. The hearse and I were featured in our Sun News. My article was right next to the article entitled, “Local Crime,” what an honor. Many people stopped by to see the display I built in our front yard, and our house has gained a nice Halloween reputation in the neighborhood. As of now, I don’t have much experience. In the future, I really look forward to learning from all the intelligence on this forum.

P.S.
I began making a website a while ago, but stopped. I’ll let you all know if I eventually get it up and running.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi Gravedave, and welcome to our humble little crypt. Glad you found us, I'm sure you'll love it here. There are so many wonderful spirits that call this home, and you came to the motherload when it comes to "getting Experience" there are so many highly talented folks here, you'll have a great time with all that is available here to learn from folks. So pull up a tomstone and make yourself right at home. Oh and congrats on the newspaper article, thats so cool, hope we get a chance to see a picture someday. And hey, just think, having it located right next to the local crime I bet increased the number of viewers to your article:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome Dave, and big congratulations on getting in the local newspaper! That is quite an accomplishment at any age, but especially for one so young. You are just getting started in what you will probably be a lifelong love of all things Halloween, and this is a great community of like minded souls.... I think you will really enjoy your time here!

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
Hello, Dave. Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on Halloween decorating. Don't forget to post pictures of your haunt.

I'll be looking for your website.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hi David!
Welcome from England!
Sounds like you've already got quite a local reputation as a haunter!

The great people here on HF will help you to build on your skills, I have no doubt.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Welcome darling glad to have you:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts