Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 1963 Cadillac Ambulance toy that I painted using nail polish back in 2011. I no longer have it because I gave it to the Cofounder of the Chariots Of The Dead Hearse Club for his birthday. Anyways, Hell's Meat Wagon is the first of a line of "wagons" that I'm painting as models for one of the stories I'm writing. I figured that it was something that you lot would like to see so here it is!

Hell's Meat Wagon

Small_Hells Meat Wagon (1).jpg
Small_Hells Meat Wagon (2).jpg
Small_Hells Meat Wagon (3).jpg
Small_Hells Meat Wagon (4).jpg
Small_Hells Meat Wagon (5).jpg

I have larger pictures of it and some pictures of 3 hearses I painted (called The Fates) here:

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/Xavier369/library/Models and Toys?sort=3&postlogin=true&page=1

Thank you!

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope. He can never successfully parallel park... that and the issue of his instructors keep dying under mysterious circumstances. :D

I forgot to mention that I did do more work on it after these pics were taken but I forgot to get more pictures of it afterwards. I have another ambulance I just finished tonight actually. Its one of those conversion van box ambulances; a Chevy I think. Additionally, I have a set of four hearse that I'm doing called "The Four Hearses Of The Apocalypse". They're almost done and I will get pics up as soon as I can. :D

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually used to have several of those old cologne bottles. I would still have them were it not for the illogical vengeance of a crazy person... Waaaaay too long of a story so we'll just leave it at that.

One of them had gold coating the outside. I had plans to carve vinework onto it and rig up a light inside of it to make a nice dim image caster.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have the other Meat Wagon finished. The box-van ambulance. Also I have the "Four Hearses Of The Apocalypse" finished as well. Will get pics up as soon as I can. :cool:

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that you did not use the Sleepy Hollow version of Death as inspiration...:p
I'm actually not certain what you mean, Garth. The only Sleepy Hollow I've seen was the Tim Burton one with Johnny Depp and the cartoon one that I'm sure so many of us had to see growing up.

I just used nail polish on 4 Matchbox 1963 Cadillac hearses for the Apocalypses.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I'm actually not certain what you mean, Garth. The only Sleepy Hollow I've seen was the Tim Burton one with Johnny Depp and the cartoon one that I'm sure so many of us had to see growing up.
The Hessian turns out to be Death in the Fox series. I doubt that a hearse from the windshield back would be truly terrifying...;)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Honestly, I think that Sleepy Hollow is one of the best shows on television. I really don't watch much and it takes a lot to hold my interest, so if I make it a point to watch it each week, that is saying something. If you get a chance, sit through an episode; you will likely be hooked.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know what you mean. At one point in time I would watch almost anything. Now most things just don't seem to make par. I'll give many things a chance, often skipping ahead [when possible] to see if it gets better, or just stopping it and moving on. So with that being said and you seeming to be of a similar mindset, I will give it a try.

As for the new pics, for some reason my camera, which runs on 2 AA batteries doesn't like my [very] old rechargeables. Some of our batteries are 5 years old and a couple are 14. They still work in everything else just not my camera. And at the moment we are sharing a phone since mine died earlier this year. All that combined with I just started a new job and its taking more of my time than originally expected. A good thing, but free time is limited and I work on a lot of different art projects at a time. Soooo... Sorry its taking so long to get pics of the new stuff.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I'll give many things a chance, often skipping ahead [when possible] to see if it gets better, or just stopping it and moving on. So with that being said and you seeming to be of a similar mindset, I will give it a try.

As for the new pics, for some reason my camera, which runs on 2 AA batteries doesn't like my [very] old rechargeables. Some of our batteries are 5 years old and a couple are 14. They still work in everything else just not my camera.
Good call;) I'm thinking that you will like it, since the show is dark but also comedic at points (most of the humor comes from Crane, who is with the police and readjusting to the times).

14 years?! Your camera is probably being a snob and considering them relics:D

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep 14 years for our oldest batteries. :D Got them in '99. We need to get new ones. Not because the old ones don't work, Just because we have more things to use them in now.

I'll have a chance to watch some of it later on tonight so I'll check it out then. Thanks for the recommendation, Garth. ;)

EDIT: Ok, I'm hooked and I've only watched the pilot. Gonna watch some more to see if its something my wife might like. She's pickier than me on some things. I hope that Orlando Jones' character doesn't turn out to be secretly evil.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
You are welcome, LD. I won't spoil anything, but Captain Irving gets pulled into the fray regarding the supernatural occurrences and the only thing seemingly bad about him are his parenting skills:D

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just finished the episode after they caught and trapped the Hessian and he got away. This show is way better than I expected. Thanks again, Garth!

I tried taking pics with my wife's phone and it had trouble focusing on things close up. When it does focus it has amazing detail. So I'm gonna have to wait until I can get some batteries for my old camera. Its the same camera that Hell's Meat Wagon #1's pictures were taken with.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I just finished the episode after they caught and trapped the Hessian and he got away. This show is way better than I expected. Thanks again, Garth!

I tried taking pics with my wife's phone and it had trouble focusing on things close up. When it does focus it has amazing detail. So I'm gonna have to wait until I can get some batteries for my old camera. Its the same camera that Hell's Meat Wagon #1's pictures were taken with.
You are very welcome, Lilith's Demon.

My camera sometimes gets blurry like that, too. The pictures that you do have up are definitely cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts