Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi !
I've bought this fountain (it was all black) and painted it with gold acrylic to make it look like the lament box (you know the cube from hellraiser...!!!!!!)
As that wasn't enough for me, i painted the ball on top to look like a jack o lantern and then glued some pins to make it look like pinhead.
I used a dremel to break the original paint so the glue would work.
I plan to color the water with blood red food coloring for the big night.
What do you think ???

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hey, nice job on the paintwork, and extra modelling! It looks great.

Yeah, I say go for the red colouring. but save it for the big night, just in case it happens to stain! :eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fountain is back in its box, ready for its big night, but i would say it's about 7 inches high (the base is not a cube, more rectangular, i thinks 4,5" x 4), the ball must be 2" in diameter
actually, the water flows from the top of the ball to the base of the "pyramid" where it's pumped again

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks a lot everybody !:)
i'll put a clear coat cover as suggested by squatdaddy, and make it work this week (with uncolored water first, just in case....:D)

i've also painted a crystal lake sign on burnt wood, looks great ! i was planning to do some references to old good movies, but i guess i'll have to keep my ideas for next year as i seem to run out of time :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks ! i didn't have time to put a clear cover so had to abandon the idea of red food coloring in the water, i'd hate to see it damaged !
worked great, no pin felt, that was another worry ! and everybody loved it !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts