Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the posts on this site and found them very cool. I am a HUGE Halloween fan. Every year starting about August, (although I shop for Halloween items all year on ebay), I do what I call my Halloween shopping. Other people go Christmas shopping, I go Halloween shopping. I buy more decorations for Halloween than Christmas. I buy absolutely anything that is Halloween themed. From shirts, to underwear, to jewelry, to socks, dishes, comforters, sheets, rugs, paper towels, anything you could possibly think of. I also buy my friends and family Halloween gifts and cards every year. I just got married in February and my husband is more a comedy buff than I am a Halloween and horror buff. I actually met him at guess what, a Halloween party last year. I was dressed as a witch and he was a ghoul. We got married in February but I told him I definitely want to renew our vows on Halloween one year. I always dreamed of having a Halloween wedding. I told him when we buy a house, I intend to decorate our guest bedroom as a Halloween bedroom all year long to house my HUGE Halloween collection I have. I am 32 and I started collecting Halloween stuff when I was about 20. I absolutley love Halloween and the 1st 1978 Halloween movie is my favorite movie of all time. Every year I actually get excited when Summer is over and it starts getting fall. It is my absolute most favorite time of year. It is just magical for me. I have a black cat named spooky and as a little girl, since my birthday is October 21st, I always got Halloween birthday cakes. Even when I was a little girl I always sat around and drew Halloween pictures, no matter what time of year it was. I go to haunted houses every single year still even though I'm 32. Anyway, I just wanted to interact with some other people that are just as crazy about Halloween as I am. I love anything scary, like real haunted houses, ghosts, and I absolutely love real horror movies, not cheesy ones. Well thanks for reading! Would love to talk to other Halloween buffs! [}:)]

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Pssst hey guys,me tinks we got a live one here!LOL!!Welcome and congrats on being married and wanting to renew your vows,MMmmmm,how about on Halloween night??!!The name is Rod Spain and you'll find a BOATLOAD of knowledgeable people and fun and DEMENTED ones here so pull up a pumpkin and stay awhile!

rod spain

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rod Spain. Demented people are just what I was looking for! And yes I do want to renew our vows on Halloween and dress up, since we met on Halloween it would be spooktacular! So okay, I've pulled up my pumpkin! Thanks for the welcome! [}:)]

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome, some of our members like fuzzy slippers and latex while others like Jessica rabbit suits. inside joke But anyway we're glad you came.

They mostly come out at night........Mostly "Newt in Aliens"
Check out my pic's Here in this forum

·
Registered
903 Posts
quote:Originally posted by spooky little chick

Hi Rod Spain. Demented people are just what I was looking for! And yes I do want to renew our vows on Halloween and dress up, since we met on Halloween it would be spooktacular! So okay, I've pulled up my pumpkin! Thanks for the welcome! [}:)]
Funny, when I got married my and the NOW EX wife were planning a Halloween, aka HOLYWEEN, wedding until her mom stopped us. BEing that she was paying she said she will not have a halloween wedding. We were planning a costum ball for the reception...I even got permission from the church to be carried up in a coffin and was getting a hurse to take us away. Well maybe next time. hehe

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, now that would have been cool. I guess your ex mother-in-law didn't think a Halloween wedding would be appropriate, huh? What a party pooper![V] Those are cool ideas, maybe I'll ponder those for my Halloween renewal wedding! I dunno if my husband would want to be carried in a coffin before his time though, he he! [xx(] He does appreciate my love for Halloween though...thank goodness!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Creepy Bob, your pics in your photo albums were awesome! I would ask you to come spookify my front yard, but I'm living in an apartment now, darn it, since I just got married and I moved in with my husband and left my house behind! [V] OH well, the inside and the patio will be scary enough I guess until we buy one! I have TONS of stuff to decorate it with, I don't know if I'll even have room to display all my stuff in this apt! I will make it all fit anyway. He better hurry up and buy us a house so I can have my Halloween room all year!!! I plan on painting it black and orange and having special curtains made out of Halloween fabric, a skull chandalier hanging from the ceiling (I've seen some really cool ones on ebay), a black futon with halloween pillows on it, with candelabras everywhere and of course some Michael Myers pictures on the walls. I can't wait!!! :D I want people to walk in the room and feel like they've just walked into a room out of a haunted house. Ok, I better shut up, I'm getting too excited about it and I have right now is a stinkin apt!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by frightmaster

I deserve an invite now. hehe
font=Century Gothic][/font=Century Gothic] You'd have a LONG trip ahead of you down here to the deep south! We do have beautiful autumns here though! [/red]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Rod, that was totally cool! I loved Moldy and Scully and the shrunken heads, and John Ravolta, oh well, heck, I just loved all of em'! I will keep your corpses in mind when we do buy a house. Moldy and Scully would look awesome in my Halloween room or even in my apt. I have now on the mantle above the fireplace! Can't buy anything that cool looking at Spencers now can ya! Keep up the good and grotesque work!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Spooky, you do sound like a girl after my own heart. One of the things I lamented the most when I hit the road a month ago and drove from California to Florida is the fact that I had to leave my Halloween collection behind. I didn't get rid of it, mind you, I just had to leave it in storage. But that still hurt!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey David, I know what you mean. When I was living in a house, we had a storage shed in the back yard, I kept all my Christmas decorations out there, but my Halloween decor HAD to stay inside the house because I did not want to risk anything happening to it! Even though we had very limited closet space I didn't care, my Halloween decor was NOT going to be stored outside in that shed because it got spiders in it (although spiders in the Halloween decor probably wouldn't have hurt, huh?). My Halloween collection is precious and gets bigger by the year. I am SO glad there are other people that love it as much as me. I have so many people, like at work, say why do you get into Halloween so much? My new husbands ex wife thinks that Halloween is satanic and would never let their kids celebrate it. Well I got news for em', when his kids come over our apt. this year, since their mom has brainwashed them SO much, they might think they are walking into HELL when they walk into our apt. I think it will be funny! His ex wife can kiss my a**!!!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Well you'll just have to carve his ex a Jack-o-lantern and send it home with the kids. LOL
Welcome Spooky little chick to the forum. So what Halloween items do you collect?

“If you measured your life by moments instead of minuets and hours how many moments would you waste?"
"This moment was brought to you by THE END."

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Putrid, cool name by the way, I collect ANYTHING that is Halloween themed. You name it, I collect it. I collect shirts, underwear, pajamas, jewelery, Halloween Barbies, dishes, cookie jars, salt and pepper shakers, rugs, towels, sheets, comforters, and any kind of decor you could think of. I also collect horror movies and recently discovered vintage plastic Empire light up figures and Gurley candles on ebay that I want to start collecting. They are apparently very popular items because I keep getting outbid on them. I will get some eventually though, I am very determined! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts