Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Halloween fan since I could walk (like most people here I guess) along with horror movies, books, etc. I pleaded with my dad for years to let me open a haunt on our 30 acre farm back in the 80's but he had some reservations about me rigging my brothers and sister up on guide lines to have them swoop down on people for some reason. Plus, I really didn't understand WHY we needed to take the chains off the chainsaws or use rubber pitchforks either, I even promised to be careful! Needless to say, I didn't really get a chance to start a serious horde, err.. collection until later in life and things have expanded drastically after buying a house. So, while I have a lot of box store stuff and only a couple nice 'pro' pieces that I bought recently, we've still managed to be 'that house' for Halloween. I can't help it, the pitter-patter of little feet back up the driveway accompanied by screams from the children and chuckles from the parents makes it all worthwhile. I've used these forums for years trying to improve my displays and decided it was time to officially join and maybe share a little bit of what I've learned here and elsewhere to help keep the spirit of the haunt alive for current and future generations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts