Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally joined--after lurking around here for a year or so. This is such a great place for a Halloween lover to hang out! I decided to finally join because I got tired of my friends and family rolling their eyes any time I brought up Halloween before October 1. Frankly, most people just don’t get it. That’s why I love this site. Everyone here “gets it”, and I am looking forward to sharing projects, ideas, and shopping finds with like-minded people.

I love making my own props and Halloween decor. This year I am making my first life-size figure... a Headless Horseman inspired by the $600 one sold by Grandin Road about 5 years ago.

I am so excited to now be a part of this great and very talented Halloween community! :)

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Stacy! Welcome to the forums! You won't get any eye-rolling here! :rolleyes:

Glad you found the place. Anxious to see your Horseman! :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...I am going to try this again. Forgive me if the picture does not upload...I am having issues.

Here is my Horseman as he is now...not done yet! I still need to sew the cape ( the fabric is just tied around his neck) and get his pumpkin. JoAnn is taking their sweet time getting their Fun-kins in around here! Then he will need the usual finishing refinements. Overall, though...I am really happy with how he has turned out. I wanted the Grandin Road one so badly...but just could not afford (or justify) the price. Honestly, I would have wanted to change out the cape and the pumpkin on the GR one anyway. haha I also gave my Horseman a sword...well...just because I wanted him to have one

! IMG_1263.jpg

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Holy crap, Stacy! I don't think you need the Grandin Road version when you've got one this cool!! At least there will be an extra one out there for those still looking. :)

You definitely need to start a thread for this in props. Everyone's gonna be asking you for a "How-To". :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Gobby! Since this is my first life-size figure prop, I sort-of just winged it as I went along. I did take some pics of the process though..I could probably give a general how-to if anybody was interested. I'll post him in the prop thread when I get a chance.
Thanks again!:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you! Geez, everyone here is so nice! I am so glad I finally quit lurking and decided to join the fun!

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's just...I'm speechless. I thought you had taken the pumpkin out of his arm and put it at his side, then claimed you had built it. It looks just like it!

Oh, and, uh...welcome to the forum. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts