Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just joined today.

Every October it becomes really easy to locate my place, I'm sure many people here can relate. :D
If you want to see some pictures of what I built in 2017 check out my gallery.

Last years theme was Ghostbusters haunted artifacts.
People really enjoyed being able to interact with the display.
Our photo booth was Vigo the Carpathian's throne of blood being guarded by Zuul & Vince.
There was a talking Vigo "painting" in the background of the photo booth, a containment unit with animated peppers ghost slimer,
a "blood" bath fountain in a small haunted graveyard, the gray lady reading the Necronomicon & my husband's Ghostbusters themed van.

Normally we hand candy out by hand, last year my wonderful husband gave me Raggedy Ann doll. I named her Annabelle.
I decided to have her pass out candy from another dimension. The Trick or Treator would have to reach inside a book which Annabelle was sitting in a chair watching over. Annabelle was rigged so she would sit up so she could see what candy came out of the book.
She creeped a lot of people out. Winky in C minor was playing just loud enough it could only be heard while standing near the book.

The thick book was hollowed out with black very deep pillow case attached. This was screwed to a cloth covered table with a hole in the middle. When someone said "Trick Or Treat" we told them the candy was in the other dimension & pointed to the book. We made it a point to pour candy into the book while people were watching. When people opened the book the candy couldn't be seen. Some were brave enough to stick their arm in most were not. My kids would reach inside the book and pass out candy to the little kids & some scared adults. LOL

2018 Halloween theme is Ghostbusters being called out to remove Betelgeuse.
The high striker will be used to pass out full size candy bars. Everyone that tries will get fun sized bars.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
WELCOME to the forum your setup sounds awesome , can you post a link here so we can go straight to it to check it out , i look forward to chatting with you , all the best with this years prep for the big day from southeast England in the U.K. .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pacman you should be able to see the pictures in my albums. I need to post two more times before I post links.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi RoseMaree! That sounds awesome! My 9-year-old loves Halloween, but I don't think she's brave enough to go sticking her hand into a book leading to another dimension even if there is free candy on the other side! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi jasonmmiller1975!

Both my 5 & 7 year-old had fun reaching into the other dimension to get candy to pass out. My 7 year-old would sometimes stick his arm in all the way up to his shoulder even tho he didn't need to. lol

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hi RoseMarie i checked them out there excellent i loved your Ghostbusters setup but your rag-eddy Ann stole it for me where did you get her ? great work .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks pacman. My husband surprised me with the Raggedy Ann doll. Annabelle really creeped out a lot of people.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome. Looking over your pics I really loved the grey lady, she caught the essence of the movie. I am also jealous of your dogs I want to make a pair one day but I am intimidated to do so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello DeadED Thank you . My husband & kids loved the grey lady so much she became a nightlight in our kitchen. lol
2017 was the first time I built the terror dogs. I had no clue what I was doing. I knew if I wanted the dogs I had to build them myself.
When I make my next set someday, they will be made of more durable materials so they can be used year round.

I started by making a small pair of dogs. I used aluminum foil, sculpy, duct tape, imagination & images from the internet. I formed the head, legs & body separately. Once I was happy with their shape, I taped the body together then I covered it in sculpy. Once I was happy with the detail work I baked then then painted them. I didn't take any pictures before I gave them away. This convinced me that I could build full sized ones.

The dogs pictured were built from chicken wire,bubble wrap,cardboard, hot glue, duct tape, spray paint & imagination. I treated the chicken wire like foil sculpting each body part with it. It took a week to build both of them. Each one had a bluetooth speaker hidden inside so they could growl. The dogs were so light I had to attach wood to their feet to keep the wind from knocking them over.

DeadED when you build your set someday please post pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts