Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im new to the forum, and need some ideas. My son has an October birthday and has recently found out that he has diabetes. We want to find a way for him to be able to celebrate his birthday and enjoy one of his favorite holidays Halloween while keeping him within his new diet, and not raising to much attention to his illness. We have thought about having him a combination birthday/halloween party so we can insure the treats he gets will be safe for him, as he will be 13 this year. I would love to hear ideas of things to fix that have a Halloween them but need to be no or very low sugar, and nut free. Thanks:confused:

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,915 Posts
I'm in VA too! Do what we all do here on the forum - decorate your house and yard to within an inch of it's life! Have a costume party! Hand out trinkets to the trick or treaters instead of candy. I mix plastic bugs, mini skulls, spider rings, and other cheap little trinkets in with the candy bowl every year for the kids who don't want, or can't have candy.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,396 Posts
Welcome! Be prepared to lose a day or 2 reading all the stuff here!!

Oriental Trading is your friend for non-candy AND candy related items for parties. I'm also sure you're not alone in your need for diabetic or nut free treats so someone here will have a solution or suggestions. It's such a large community here that it's practically a given that there's someone else here who either has their own diabetic or nut free issues or has children or kids in the neighborhood with the same problem.

Maybe you could post a thread about it in the party section asking for sugar-fee/nut free ideas. You'd get more hits there since so many here have parties of all kinds from kid friendly to adults only parties.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome to the forum , i am with the other haunters decorate like hell , skellies , skellies and more skellies ..... think skeletons .

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hi. Also from Virginia. We do parties every year for boys & girls ages 10-14. These are favors I'm using this year that aren't candy. We're doing inexpensive jewelry and nail polish,, halloween plush cats, syringe ink pens, zombie printed kick balls, halloween bubbles, glow necklaces, zombie head stress balls and $10 gift cards for iTunes and Regal Cinemas. I also think you should ask the dietician at your son's doctor's office. They will have great suggestions for treats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts